NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm new to Celicas. I have a lot of DSM experience and some BMW, and I was wondering why everyone seems to be having a hard time finding a fast GT. To me, it seems the obvious would be bore it, stroke it, raise the compression ratio, and then if you needed to add nitrous. So does anyone make a stroker kit? What about stronger rods? Higher compression ratio pistons? How interchangable are the 1ZZ and 2ZZ engines? From what I've read they're the same size, how hard could it be? o_O So anyway, I'm probably getting a 2003 Celica GT (can't afford a GTS) and I want fast, 13.5 E/T fast. Oh, I've also been reading this forum for about 2 hours, so I have been searching. Let's hear the opinions.

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
the gt will only see 13's if it gets a turbo........and their still trying to work out the bugs on that right now......hope you are willing to wait a little time so they can perfect it.......btw welcome to the board :wave:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So why can't it take nitrous to 13's? I'm not a big fan of nitrous but N/A > Turbo conversions are _always_ expensive. Does no one make a stroker kit? Bigger rods? Higher compression ratio pistons? I personally would rather go Supercharger than Turbocharger. So who makes what? Got links?

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
There isnt much of an aftermarket for the Celicas.

Nitrous and Turbokits are your only Tickets. Nitrous wont get you very far, no stroker kits unless you buy a GTS 2ZZGE and mate it to your 1ZZFE (which is called a 3ZZGE), cams are in the process but not out yet, no ITB's as of yet, Higher comp pistons would require custom pistons and rods (weisco and pauter), and there is a Supercharger but you wont be seeing incredible output's. I think high to mid 13's at the most without having to rebuild the engine and tranny.

Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
13's is my goal. I read about a turbo kit from Stafford Fabrication that at 10 PSI could put a GT at 220-230 HP. On such a light vehicle that'd be good. After reading though I didn't find any URLs or prices, so I need those o.o

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
Yeah, with a rising fuel pressure regulator and 10psi on a GT engine... can you say KABOOM!

·
It is known.
8,240 Posts
emagdnim said:
13's is my goal. I read about a turbo kit from Stafford Fabrication that at 10 PSI could put a GT at 220-230 HP. On such a light vehicle that'd be good. After reading though I didn't find any URLs or prices, so I need those o.o
talk with anna (kireceli i think it is spelled) she is having that turbo put on her GT.......or coolmike4u i believe has it too

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I saw mike's car i person :drool:

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
and a TV in the middle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.