NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who would win in this race because my friend wants to get one and when i get my celica we are gonna race and i told him that i would win, but he doesnt seem to get the point that the faster car wins.

now i am pretty certain that i would win this race, but i want to be so sure that i could win some money off of this race.

I also want to know your thoughts and comments on the hyundai tiburon just to make sure that he is getting the right car. I heard that this car aint very fast and got a pretty bad 0-60 time for a V6.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
well since ur in the celica forum, people will tell u that the celica will win. if u go to the tib forums, they'll tell u that the tib will win.

seriously though, the celica gt-s should win if the driver of the celica doesn't **** up. now, lets not magazine race people...well we all kno that either way the celica wins. let me find that article with the stock celica hitting 14.9 on the 1/4 mile just incase somebody wants to magazine race...

·
It is known.
8,236 Posts
i've heard that the tibs respond well to mods?? correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
600 Posts
There was a thread posted in here awhile back of a new Tib running mid14's in the high 90's traps with just I/E...

Found it...gotta love "search" *L*...just follow the link...

V6 Tib - 14.5 at 97mph

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 2003 Tiburon V-6 6 spd, i dynoed 181 whp with 191 lb/ft at the wheels all i have is I/H/E, and on a more conservative dyno than a dynojet a superflow where a stock tibby will be mid high 130 to low 140's, not bad i'd say, the stock intake and exhaust are brutal,

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
It is a V6 quite possible 50 Flywheel HP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i gained 40+ at the wheels and approx 50 at the crank, i have my dyno slips to back it, camshafts are supposed to do quite a bit for this motor as the stock cams are basicaly for a suv

1 - 11 of 11 Posts