NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On sat. I went to the track, because it was free racing due to opening week. I got lined up to a 96 supra tt. When the tree turned green we both took off at the same time. I jumped up in front by a car off the start. At the end off first we were side by side. From beging of secound up 60 miles the supra was a car ahead. Then after that, the supra took off like a rocket finishing the quarter mile at 107 miles, while I finishing at 91 miles. I know if i had a better start i would of took him up to 60 miles, because he experienced some tracktion problems, but not to bad.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
f ucked up shi t was he ran 14.1 ,

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When i was racing that car it tripped me out so bad, I was like dam my car got quick. After he started pulling on me my hopes were crushed. I got to turbo my ride!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Supra's don't drag well, that's a known thing with them..they're good for highway racing, trap speeds, and dyno numbers. I'd worry mostly about them on a road racing circuit.

·
Registered
592 Posts
what you guys think? a turbo gt-s will be able to hang with a supra...?

·
Registered
980 Posts
depends on the mods and driver.
But most likely, no a turbo celica wil not hang with a turbo supra

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
if the supra is stock, and the celi is tuned and putting down good numbers like above 250whp, i'd place money on the celi, provided it could hook.

stock TT Supra's only do mid to high 13's.

·
Registered
794 Posts
If you raced a 96 Supra TT, it was an automatic. I heard that auto Supras were easier to launch than 6 spds and more consistent.

·
Banned
4,024 Posts
SlasherX said:
Supra's don't drag well, that's a known thing with them..they're good for highway racing, trap speeds, and dyno numbers. I'd worry mostly about them on a road racing circuit.

You're kidding right? Although they were never designed for drag racing I wouldn't go as far as to say they don't drag well. There are plenty of Supras hitting mid-to-low 12's BPU. Another thing you have to remember is they don't have solid rears or AWD so as with any car not equipped with such, traction always becomes an issue. In most cases it's not something drag radials couldn't solve :)

·
Banned
4,024 Posts
RevHappyGTS said:
If you raced a 96 Supra TT, it was an automatic. I heard that auto Supras were easier to launch than 6 spds and more consistent.

Yeah auto's are definitely easier to launch, just high stall (power brake) and you're out of the hole in no time. Pretty simple when you can build boost off the line, of course 6 speeds have the 2step which can do the same ;) Autos are by far more consistent- less room for error :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
out of all the cars there including over 8 s2000's every one was looking at the supra's as one of the fastest cars there. The 2nd fastest import car were probally the nissans 350. they were all at least running real low 14's to high 13's, beating all the s2000's there. Those car look nice, but celica turboed and built suspension = ultimate car.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
ToyoGT said:

You're kidding right? Although they were never designed for drag racing I wouldn't go as far as to say they don't drag well. There are plenty of Supras hitting mid-to-low 12's BPU. Another thing you have to remember is they don't have solid rears or AWD so as with any car not equipped with such, traction always becomes an issue. In most cases it's not something drag radials couldn't solve :)
i'm not kidding..ever see the 60 foot times they pull? It's known that they can't cut good 60's even with a full drag suspension.

The fastest Supra runs a high 8 second 1/4th, even with a drag suspension and a tube chasis..that's not impressive for a turbo'd v6.

besides..all supra's(400, 500, 600 hp) run 12's ;)

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
RevHappyGTS said:
much easier..a person i know has an auto TT, and it is not only very consistant, it can also build boost off the line thanks to the auto.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
ever hear the joke about what 400, 500, 600, and 700hp supras have in common?
Answer: they all run 12's

now my question is, is it because they cant launch? and why is it that with even with a full drag suspension they still arent getting the times they are supposed to be getting.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Vroom_Vroom said:
ever hear the joke about what 400, 500, 600, and 700hp supras have in common?
Answer: they all run 12's

now my question is, is it because they cant launch? and why is it that with even with a full drag suspension they still arent getting the times they are supposed to be getting.
Well, since Vinny Ten sold his Supra and gave up on it, I guess we'll never know the answer.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.