NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it came true for me, i did it, i misshifted while racing into second and i blew my motor. Now i need some help from some of the fellow members here. Does anyone know any reputable shops that can swap in a new engine for me or may be able to rebuild my engine? Also does anyone have a spare 2zz and 02 tranny? I want the new tranny because the shift gates are wider to prevent misshifts. any help would be nice guys. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,436 Posts
if you can find a way to bring it down to sac, i think mo can do the swap for you. pm him to see if he's got time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
timm3r said:
well it came true for me, i did it, i misshifted while racing into second and i blew my motor. Now i need some help from some of the fellow members here. Does anyone know any reputable shops that can swap in a new engine for me or may be able to rebuild my engine? Also does anyone have a spare 2zz and 02 tranny? I want the new tranny because the shift gates are wider to prevent misshifts. any help would be nice guys. Thanks
wholy SHIET!! so it blew out? wow... i actually and finally took my car out for the past two days cuz i missed driving it and all... and today i was messing around too, well not racing but just smashing off and stuff =oP now im scared :scared: !!! damnit i gatta get my thing fixed then before i blow my engine too... freakin A!! :scared: :scared:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
611 Posts
wait....how did ths happen? coz sometimes i downshift from 6th straight to 3rd.....is that bad?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,645 Posts
just depends where your revs land...

he shifted it into a lesser gear at too high of an rpm,3rd(at redline) into 2nd thinking it was 4th i guess.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^ yup exactly what happened. And i saw my tach raise all the way up and i heard a tick tick tick, BOOM! All my other friends that were racing me all heard the boom too, even my friends is300 which i was smashing on, 2-3 cars behind me heard the boom too. I really dont know if i have any way of getting the car to sac. The car is just sitting at my house waiting for a new engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,597 Posts
timm3r said:
well it came true for me, i did it, i misshifted while racing into second and i blew my motor. Now i need some help from some of the fellow members here. Does anyone know any reputable shops that can swap in a new engine for me or may be able to rebuild my engine? Also does anyone have a spare 2zz and 02 tranny? I want the new tranny because the shift gates are wider to prevent misshifts. any help would be nice guys. Thanks
oh yeah, talk to archie. i think he has a spare motor and/or tranny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what also sucks is that i only had 52k miles on my celi, so low mileage. I dont want to sound dumb and a noob to the norcal section, but whos archie?
 

·
Toyota Fanatic
Joined
·
495 Posts
george said:
are you looking to rebuild or buy a whole new motor?

Homeboy George right here can do the swap for you, he helped me with my engine when i miss shifted my car. Ended up blowing my oil pump and having bent valves. Just needed new valves and oil pump. Didnt have to change my block at all. Hopefully its the same case for you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TRDCELICA2000 said:
Homeboy George right here can do the swap for you, he helped me with my engine when i miss shifted my car. Ended up blowing my oil pump and having bent valves. Just needed new valves and oil pump. Didnt have to change my block at all. Hopefully its the same case for you.
Thats what i was hoping for but my case was pretty bad. I was around 85-90 when i misshifted to second. Im pretty sure i bent all of my valves, blew my oil pump, probably blew my head gasket, most likely spun my rod bearings and rods. I've been planning on checking out my bottom end but i have no time cause i also have finals this whole week. I gotta care about school more than a car, although the car has been on my mind since the minute I misshifted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
george said:
are you looking to rebuild or buy a whole new motor?
Whatever is going to cost the least. If my misshift isn't that bad and i blew a few things then i will rebuild. So far i have found a few 2zz engines for 1500-1800+shipping.
 

·
Toyota Fanatic
Joined
·
495 Posts
timm3r said:
Thats what i was hoping for but my case was pretty bad. I was around 85-90 when i misshifted to second. Im pretty sure i bent all of my valves, blew my oil pump, probably blew my head gasket, most likely spun my rod bearings and rods. I've been planning on checking out my bottom end but i have no time cause i also have finals this whole week. I gotta care about school more than a car, although the car has been on my mind since the minute I misshifted.

Actually i was going
about 85-90 mph too. I was in sixth, tried to put it in fourth but ended up being second. Hopefully its not as bad as you think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hopefully is a great word for me at this point. Well how is your car running now? When you misshifted, did your whole car stop working and you had to pull over, get a tow out to tow your car? When i did misshift, my friend tried to start my car, he kept gassing my car and cranking it and it actually started but it would die as soon as he took his foot off the gas.
 

·
Toyota Fanatic
Joined
·
495 Posts
My car would sputter then die. Then i cranked it and then it runs fors like 2 secs then dies.Then just got it towed. My car is running like as if nothing ever happened. Just my clutch feels softer than before, due to a new clutch. I actually bought a new head and bottom block, because i thought i needed it, but when we pulled the engine out, we took out the timing chain cover and inspected and saw that the oil pump was shattered. The metal shavings and pieces of the oil pump were found in the bottom of the oil pan. Notice all exhaust valves were bent. I ended up just changing the valves on my original head to new ones and went with the same block and new oil pump, head gasket etc...
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Top