NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my hub stands for sale. (I have the tooling to make another set)
These were made by me this year. 1/4” steel for less flex and they sit on two roller balls so you can check camber and castor without having to bounce or roll the car to settle it. You can turn the wheels while on the stands so double as turn plates.
I use strings around the car to create a box to set the toe very simple and accurate. The toe bar is adjustable so i could take into account the different track widths front to back.
Scale is in mm for toe setting.
Will also fit miata so any 100x5 or 100x4 that has max 45mm center hole.
I use them at the track to adjust alignment in an hour. Also easier to adjust r height or corner weights.
Located in Fresno California. Probably too heavy to ship but I can deliver around a 100 mile. I am also at buttonwillow raceway oct 4-5 if that helps.

i could not find any to buy less than $1000 with toe bars that fitted a celica so had to make them.
Sell for $500.
The box under the rear one is just to level the floor of my garage. Its because my garage slopes.
zip code is 93726

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Man they look terrific.. I can’t even find an old toe bar we used 20 years ago. I’m keen but on Oz. If you have engineering and survey sheets I might buy the plans if your interested.

off topic I see the redline decals.. my car is built as 24 hr Lemons spec. I did some research and settled on redline 30wt race for engine and mt90 gearbox. Not t sureif the trans oil is correct so interested in what you use. I pay over $110. For each bottle of oil here in Oz.. so that’s about 80 usd now. All our engines and trans are std.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use castrol edge 5/30 and just good full syn manufacture grade gearbox oil.
These pictures are what is in at the moment.
No need to do anything more expensive than that for my races. I change the engine oil every three races and gearbox once a year and that is racing in the california heat of up to 112 degrees f down to freezing.
Boosted cars maybe a diff story however my supercharged miata has only ever had spec oil or at the most 40 grade in it. I have tracked that for 10 years no issues.

what i was told is About 10psi of oil pressure per 1000rpm. Grade your oil to achieve that. So at redline you should be 75 psi.
Even with 30 grade my engine idles after a session at over 10psi. Anything heavier robs power and may actually not be the best for lubrication.

there is a lot of old wives stories about oil especially those who are still going off their granddads advice of diff grades for winter and summer. Cars are way past that need.

great looking car btw.
I have been asked to drive lemons at infinion sonoma raceway this december in a miata. It will be my first!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to reply about the decals.
This is an ex long beach racer built by toyota for the toyota pro celebrity race in support of the long beach Grand prix. I am keeping the car as it was raced as it allows me to drive in vintage races as it has history. Ignore the decals, its just a private racer now.
Google 2000 toyota pro celebrity race on youtube to see the first race this car was in.
Btw, if I was running my car for a 24 hours race I would probably spend the extra on the oil like you do. 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts