NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
yeah the wiki is pretty good with the celly info. They dont have much for the 7th gen, but for earlier gens they have good info.

but waht do you expect...someone from this board probably wrote all the article they have on 7th gen

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
XYRCNCP said:
Were there doubts that the 03 had DBW?
I knew DBW was definitely in 04 and 05, but people on this board said the 03 model incorporated DBW sometime in the middle of the year, implying not all 03's have DBW. This article implies ALL 03's have DBW. But if anybody out there with an 03 knows for a fact their car has a throttle cable, we should edit the article.

·
Registered
11,169 Posts
switchlanez said:
XYRCNCP said:
Were there doubts that the 03 had DBW?
I knew DBW was definitely in 04 and 05, but people on this board said the 03 model incorporated DBW sometime in the middle of the year, implying not all 03's have DBW. This article implies ALL 03's have DBW. But if anybody out there with an 03 knows for a fact their car has a throttle cable, we should edit the article.
Possibly the change was at the half-way point in the year? Also, I did't think the JDM models have DBW.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I figured out that my car had DBW the hard way. When I got it back in 03' I searched forever to find my throttle cable, haha, what a waste of time. Both of my 03' Celicas had DBW and were put into service in July of 03'. I'm not sure if early 03's had DBW or Throttle cable though.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
If its US it had DBW in nov 2002 which is "2003" production year. The JSpec and ESpec ones have cable through all the years

1 - 10 of 10 Posts