NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
30 June 2000 - mine's 26 June 2000. There goes my baby :( o well, nearly time for a service anyway.

I think I read something like this on one of the US Celica sites?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ahhhh crap..... so is mine!!
And if mine says 09/99, thats september 1999, then why is mine a 2000 model??? this is pissin me off, i might sell it now hehe

·
Registered
247 Posts
ahh crap, yeah they told me this was coming when I booked to get the belt replaced in a week or so..

Mines 99, i'll have to check the month though...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just search for it from that site thats what i did

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nothing major, they might just replace the master cyclinder (for the brakes) if they deem it to be affected. No need to sell your car over it. :p

You will probably get a letter about it in the next week or two (just a guess).

·
Registered
172 Posts
2000ZR said:
Anyone take their car in yet???
Hi there fellow Aussie, I haven't taken my car in yet nor have I got a letter about it from Toyota. I'm expecting to get this in the next week or two.

Remember that not all cars which receive the recall notice will be affected, so no need to get all excited over it. However I feel that my brake pedal is particularly soft (I even made a post about this a few weeks the recall was announced), so I'm hoping that my car is affected (so I get a new master cyclinder and a free brake fluid replacement -- haha I can wish!)

·
Registered
247 Posts
umm I went to the dealership to get the belt replaced, and they had absolutely no idea of any kind of recall on the newcelica

!!!

I think im going to have to print it and fax it to these people, i did however manage to see the new celica though, anyone seen the revised front bumper on these, they look kinda sleek actually...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Took mine in, it was just a visual inspection, about 5 - 10 minutes, looking for fluid leaking from the master cylinder.

The was nothing wrong with mine, but it was expensive. While there my eye got caught by an Altezza RS200, and my celica is no more.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just got the brake recall notice in the mail today. Nothing fancy in it, just says to make an appointment with a Toyota dealer.

Does anybody know how to check for the faulty ourselves to save us the hassle of taking the car to Toyota? Any pics of where the brake cyclinder is exactly and where the leak would be?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Celica NZ said:
Took mine in, it was just a visual inspection, about 5 - 10 minutes, looking for fluid leaking from the master cylinder.

The was nothing wrong with mine, but it was expensive. While there my eye got caught by an Altezza RS200, and my celica is no more.
3S-GE with VVTLi?

Chazza, got my mail in the post too. I don't want the hassle, but it's the brakes! Should get it checked.... :)

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeah chazza get it checked hey, why not its on the house anyways hehe.

mines 09/99 so i guess I gotta book in...

·
Registered
172 Posts
Has anyone booked theres in yet? I am booked in for next week (got a few days off from work) and the lady on the phone said inspection takes 4 hours, and if it needs replacing it stays there for a few days till the parts get in.

I hope she was joking/wrong!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got mine checked. Had it done with a normal service. Had the car back within four hours. They found no problem with the car.
I guess it just depends on dealership.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Took my car to Toyota Waterloo this morning. Took them 1.5 hours and found nothing wrong. Doesn't look like they replaced the brake fluid either (damn!).

Pointless, yet painless experience

1 - 17 of 17 Posts