NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 celica gt failed to get me home today. I was running alittle rough on the way to work and the cel flashed at me right before I got there. I didn't have time to scan the code. Anyway when I got off work I try to start it, it fired up ran for 2 seconds then died. If I try just cranking it again it wouldn't restart but if I turned it off then on again it would fire up fine for 2 seconds. Adding gas while I was starting it didn't help, It would just rev up for the 2 seconds then die. Any idea what could be causing this? It is very consistent in starting for the 2 seconds in when it dies its like the power is just cut.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I scanned the codes this morning. P1300, P0420, P0300, P0301, and P0303. I cleared the codes and tried starting it. It did the same thing runs for 2secs and stalls. When I checked the codes and only the P1300

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neither do I. I was originally thinking it was a coil pack however I was told that if that were the case if would still start just run rough. So I'm back to square one with no idea were to start

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,309 Posts
Inspect the #1 coil or the wiring thereto.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If there was ignition problem, at least 1 or a few cylinders would still run and engine would run rough but would not cut out completely. Happened to em in a 2001 GTS

This problem looks more like fuel starvation.

To trouble shoot, Crank the engine. Remove the #1 plug to see if the plug is wet or fry.

If plug is wet then problem is not fuel starvation but more like ignition. Check spark on each plug to make sure they all have sparks.

If plugs are dry then likely fuel is not getting into cylinders. Could be all plugged up injectors ( not likely), or bad fuel pump or wires to pump are disconnected. Happened to me once in a Nissan 280Z.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I solved the problem. I was a bad coil pack. I swapped the 1st and 2nd coil and the cel code changed. I believe that when a coil pack is not working the car won't start to avoid dumping fuel into to the cat and exhausted. Thanks everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts