NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey bros i saw this white car pull up next to me and it was 3 kids about 18 years old inside of it. so they looked at me and i look back at them . im thinking what honda wants to race? then i notice the steering wheel is on the right hand side. then it hit me hmmmmmmmm wait its a skyline..... when the light change , we both took off and man, that nissan skyline was loud as sh*t. it was loaded . the sukers quickly booasted ahead of me by 4 to 5 car lengths . after that im like fu*k it. and let him go. anyone here race one of these and beat it before?????

·
Registered
772 Posts
you might want to start by asking if anyone on here has SEEN one
:chuckles:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Re: celica stock gt vs loaded nissan skyline ......................

APEXiTypes said:
You asking, on a celica board, if anyone beat a skyline?:wtf:
are they really that fast? if so i will have to trade in my celica ( well maybe) or not ! for a sti with 300 hp. that will blow the doors of a nissan skyline which only has 276 hp. hehehehe if iever do then i will hunt down that white skyline in my area and its on !!!!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Re: Re: Re: celica stock gt vs loaded nissan skyline ......................

comicbookguy said:
are they really that fast? if so i will have to trade in my celica ( well maybe) or not ! for a sti with 300 hp. that will blow the doors of a nissan skyline which only has 276 hp. hehehehe if iever do then i will hunt down that white skyline in my area and its on !!!!
Skylines are extremely under rated from factory. They probably put down close to 260-270hp......to all 4 wheels.

And yes, they are fast in stock form, and very easy to make crazy fast.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
ha
Originally posted by comicbookguy
a wrx sti needs work to beat a stock skyline even with the horse power difference.
Originally posted by comicbookguy

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i don't think they are all wheel drive but some kind of a awd like it can switch when needed, something like that but not all time awd they are rwd. (drifting) all the pictures in the world of skylines and you never seen the ass ens wwhipped out??

·
Registered
792 Posts
Most drifting skylines have the front wheels disengaged so they are rwd. I have read thats its close to impossible to break the rear end free with the traction control on in those.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've beaten 2 skylines, one r33 gts-t one r34 gt-t, definitely not the r34 gtr, r33 gtr or r32 gtr, those are way out of our league. The GT-Rs have an AWD system called ATESSA and a 4 W steering system which actually tilts the back wheels as well called Super HICAS. They are fast but heavy, on a really twisty circuit, an sti or an evo will overtake em, but on a proper racing track with your straights and curves, the skyline will own j00 hahah

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SeraphimX said:
I've beaten 2 skylines, one r33 gts-t one r34 gt-t, definitely not the r34 gtr, r33 gtr or r32 gtr, those are way out of our league. The GT-Rs have an AWD system called ATESSA and a 4 W steering system which actually tilts the back wheels as well called Super HICAS. They are fast but heavy, on a really twisty circuit, an sti or an evo will overtake em, but on a proper racing track with your straights and curves, the skyline will own j00 hahah
wow you beat two skylines! i might have underestimated them . guess i need a modded sti to compete with this thing. the white skyline in white marsh , hmmmmmm sounds like that might be the one but not sure? who was driving it? kids? or a older person? and do you know what the hell he put under that hood? it did sound pretty mean!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I know that guy who owns that white R32 GT-R. It runs 11's so he probably wasnt going all out on you by any means. Hes not 18 either, he's like 27 or so, but he does look like hes 18 though. Only the GT-R models have AWD, the other models such as the GT, and GT-S are RWD.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Lucky you guys do not live in O.C. and get your a$$ handed to ya and he is not even trying, there are quite a few Skylines at Apexi office. Most are modded for speed a few modded for D1.
Now if I want a fast Skyline I would get an R32 and modify it, but if I want looks to match I would get R34 (If I have $80,000+ to blow). R32 can be modded to be faster than R34 I believe it is because of the weight difference, proven by Sean at Apexi. If anyone wants a R32 for around $45,000 he is selling his mint condition R32 with full on Apexi mod. Not sure if he sold it yet or not though, he was just thinking about it last I talked to him.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
its a white skyline around rockville md. ive only seen him twice. i still want to see him race a modded sti or modded evo. that would be awsome................:gap:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Originally posted by APEXiTypes
Only the R34 is AWD......but, like you said...It's not full time awd. Tq is transfered to the front wheels as need. This gives the Skyline RWD type Handling, with AWD traction.

It's the most advanced awd system in the world;)
its true.. the skyline is way underrated, and it is so easy to get alot more power out of it, oh and the R34 isnt the only one with AWD, all of them were

Originally posted by SeraphimX
the skyline's handling is superb, i would say my 350z outhandles an STi easy.. at tracks the GT-R runs with NSX TYPE R's.. so think again.. Skyline > STi & EVO

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
The R34 GTR has gotten beat by modern STi's and Evos on Best Motoring a lot lately - including at Fuji which is a power course. Never seen it "hang" with an NSX-R

It's got a stupid amount of potential, but it's like 3800 pounds. Not exactly tossable.

john

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey TRDGTS026spd the pic you under your messages of the z and sti looks hot! do you own both of them?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts