NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to the celica forum and i am in the process of completely building my celica. for my rims i have 18inch Katana's and i have quite a bit of wheel gap. im looking to lower my car alot atleast 3inches or lower but i can not afford bagging my celi. I have been looking everywhere and am wondering what the best way i could approach lowering my car? Lowering springs are tough to find 3inch ones. i cant seem to find any. and i am wondering what the cheapest pair of coilovers would be the best for a reasonable price. Anything will help just looking for anything 3 inches or lower. thanks!

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
Megan Racing Coilovers will drop you 3 inches. $699 shipped from Ebay.

I think you need to do a bit more research though. Check out some of the other sections of the site such as the suspension sub forum.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=336103

There is the lowering sticky. Lots of good info in there. Idk the offset of your wheels but remember lowering a car 3'' with 18's means fender rolls. etc. there is a lot to go into it and i think it would be a good idea if you spent a few weeks on the forum gaining knowledge so you dont later regret decisions you made due to lack of experience.

Happy Hunting and you should make a proper introduction thread in the Introduction section. As well as a readers ride thread where you can post pictures of your car, track its progress etc. Readers rides is located under the Multimedia section then readers rides.

:wave: :wiggle: :wave:

:burnout:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback! but yes I will for sure keep the update on my celica and spend a few more hours on the site! thanks alot:)

·
Registered
3,376 Posts

This is Megan coilovers maxed out in the rear and matched in the front. (Theoretically the front can go a bit lower but you should match the lowering in the front and rear). Also I'm on 17x9 +17 with 225/45-17

·
Registered
106 Posts
The ride in your car must be so rough being that low. OP, depending on how low you plan on going and what part of NH that you live in, I'd be very careful about how low you go. I'm in Dover, and our roads are shit*y.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Seattle is very hilly and filled with potholes. I know all about shitty roads.
This low with stock Megan springs you'll rub in the front, like I did with anyone in the car. It doesn't ride that stiff but it doesn't ride nice either.

·
@celicatoast
1,623 Posts
This is Megan coilovers maxed out in the rear and matched in the front. (Theoretically the front can go a bit lower but you should match the lowering in the front and rear). Also I'm on 17x9 +17 with 225/45-17
Which megans? The EZ Streets or the red ones? Drop looks nice with those spacers.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Which megans? The EZ Streets or the red ones? Drop looks nice with those spacers.
I'm not running spacers with these wheels, they 17x9 +17
I ran spacers with my OEM 16" wheels

Anyway I dont know because when I bought the Megans they just came out and there was only one kind. So I assume the Red ones or which ever is about 700-800

·
(..+
2,523 Posts
I'm not running spacers with these wheels, they 17x9 +17
I ran spacers with my OEM 16" wheels

Anyway I dont know because when I bought the Megans they just came out and there was only one kind. So I assume the Red ones or which ever is about 700-800
Its either red or blues. the blues i think were first and are like $700 shipped right now so probably those.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The ride in your car must be so rough being that low. OP, depending on how low you plan on going and what part of NH that you live in, I'd be very careful about how low you go. I'm in Dover, and our roads are shit*y.
The "our roads are shitty" excuse applies almost anywhere. If you want to be low, you'll find a way to be low, it's just a matter of how badly you want it and knowing how to drive a lowered car.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
You've not seen bad roads 'til you've been to the midwest after this winter. Never seen it this bad in my decades of driving. The rest of you have NO CLUE.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
You've not seen bad roads 'til you've been to the midwest after this winter. Never seen it this bad in my decades of driving. The rest of you have NO CLUE.
I've seen potholes a foot deep that swallow truck and semi tires.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts