NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought this was a cool page on the Celica TRD Sports M model. I didn't really know it had 200 bhp. I thought it was 190. I must be thinking of the standard GTS version over in Japan (190 due to higher octane gas and therefore better fuel map). There are also some other little things I didn't know about it since most of the pages on the Sports M are in Japanese. Anyways, I guess my main point is WHY DO ALL OF THESE OTHER COUNTRIES HAVE THE OPTION OF GETTING SUCH A SWEET CAR AS A STANDARD MODEL LINE OPTION???? grrr...... :wtc:

Enjoy:

http://www.motortrader.com.my/maxpo...ies/accessories_maxpower_gt_toyota_celica.asp

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Actually, Japan doesn't use American HP to measure power in their cars, they use PS ( or in some cases they use kW). 1 PS = 0.986 HP. The TRD Sports M makes about 200 PS, or 197.2 HP due to a better air-filter and exhaust. Also factor in the slightly higher octane gas sold in Japan (which allows the Japanese ECU to run slightly more aggressive/advanced ignition timing). Many US-spec Celicas make similar HP numbers with intake and exhaust.

Here's a helpful HP to PS conversion site to check out: http://www.flash.net/~lorint/lorin/convert.htm?hpSAE=180&hp_kW=52.2&hpDIN=70.992

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's cool to know Keyshawn. Thanks! Also, I noticed that according to this page, TRD did some lightening of certain parts in the engine, etc. Whatever the case, though, it's a BEAUTIFUL car IMO!!!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
aerospike2002 said:
That's cool to know Keyshawn. Thanks! Also, I noticed that according to this page, TRD did some lightening of certain parts in the engine, etc. Whatever the case, though, it's a BEAUTIFUL car IMO!!!
No problem, aerospike. I agree, though, the TRD M is one sweet looking car. I used to have the bronze TRD rims that were optional with the TRD Sports M, but I sold them to a member named Pluto because I didn't think they went well with my red Celi. Sometimes, I think I shoulda kept 'em.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Celica2K2 said:
kinda the same specs as rsx type s
HUH?

HP rating yes, but that thing will absolutey murder a Type S in a road course. A straight line it would also fair better.

It has the full TRD upgraded suspension package. More welds on the A, B , and C pillars. Helical LSD ..... the works.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Keyshawn said:
I used to have the bronze TRD rims that were optional with the TRD Sports M, but I sold them to a member named Pluto because I didn't think they went well with my red Celi. Sometimes, I think I shoulda kept 'em.
And now I have your old rims. ;)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts