NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched the forum and couldnt find anything about it, so sorry if its a repost.
One of the guys that i work with has a stock '06 Mustang, (v6, not a gt...). they have something like 210hp, and if i remmeber correctly even more torque (240ish?), but weigh wayyy more then my '00gts. both are manual and completly stock, aside from my injen cai. i dont really want to go race him cause the only time we see each other is at work over the summer, and we live in a dense area so racing around here is outta the question. who do u think would win in like a 1/4 mile? I've seen way too many numbers for mustangs to know which time they actually run, ive heard from 13 (way to fast...) to like 16.

*short version: '00 Celica GT-s Manual vs. '06 Mustang V6 Manual*

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
you would if you can drive worth a f*ck

·
Registered
11,645 Posts
har har har

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SOAPY said:
In my WRX tho :chuckles:
:hide: not giving me too much confidance. but yea i am thinking along the same lines as Bham... i really dont think it is that fast of a car, but he is saying that it is and he isnt the type of person that spills out :bs: , if he were to tell me something that i wouldnt believe out of someone elses mouth, i would be inclined to believe him. so anyways, anyone else race one? IN A CELIAC :furious:

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
I believe they run low 15's to high 14's. I give the topend to the GTS.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I am sure you can beat him. The big challenges are the 8 bangers GT! They r pretty fast but beatable still if stock and average driver ..

·
Registered
12,364 Posts
danGTS said:
I am sure you can beat him. The big challenges are the 8 bangers GT! They r pretty fast but beatable still if stock and average driver ..
The 06 arent as beatable. 13.6 from the auto 05 GT on the first try.

·
Registered
936 Posts
homeworld1031tx said:
SOAPY said:
In my WRX tho :chuckles:
:hide: not giving me too much confidance. but yea i am thinking along the same lines as Bham... i really dont think it is that fast of a car, but he is saying that it is and he isnt the type of person that spills out :bs: , if he were to tell me something that i wouldnt believe out of someone elses mouth, i would be inclined to believe him. so anyways, anyone else race one? IN A CELIAC :furious:
sorry dude. I think you could win if you're better driver than the other guy

·
Registered
273 Posts
As far as the 06 Mustangs...

GTS vs V6... That's going to come down to a driver's race... They may weigh more but they are going to put cars on you from the start with all that torque!! If you can drive better then him...you should be able to make it up and pass him...

GTS vs GT Stang... No Contest...the new stangs are insanely quick! The older style stang is still too much...but the 06 is definately untouchable unless you are turbo'd!!

·
Registered
587 Posts
i have an 01 gts auto and i beat an 00 v6 auto, luckily for me i had a lil bit of an edge in "manual mode" lol. he was faster in acceleration, but i was able to pass him on the straightaway, i have an Injen CAI, TRD Springs, and 17" yokohama avis tires, his was stock

·
Registered
587 Posts
slidr said:
Q*Spec said:
he was faster in acceleration, but i was able to pass him on the straightaway
Come again?

the road we were on curved to the left hard and then went straight for about 1.5 miles, when we first got out of the corner the mustang got ahead of me, but as we kept getting in higher speeds my car moved up on him and i eventually passed him, it was fun

·
Registered
243 Posts
great...usually people dont race for 1.5 miles tho...

good kill tho, you beat a car thats just as ungodly slow as yours...

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
The 06 arent as beatable. 13.6 from the auto 05 GT on the first try.
You r right. The previous gen GT is beatable. I have beaten some i-e-DRs at the strip mostly but even 1 on the street i-e. That's if it is pretty stock of course. They r pretty quick.

The 06 is definatly faster and harder to beat. It has more HP but weights a lot also! I've recently played with one on the highway and he was slowly pulling on me. It might have been an auto, I dont know. For sure auto tranny on a mustang like that do not have an impact as big as it has on the celica. At the track, with a race setup including DRs, i assume I can get closer. But thats a challenge still!! I might need some more stuff. That's again comparing to stock 06 GT .. I think I should add I have more than intake and exhaust now .. In short, I have PFC, ported header, ported TB and port-matched IM with hondata gasket.

The earlier v6 version is pretty easy to beat. The newer v6 would be better but I doubt it can hang w/ a i-e gts properly driven. Again, the newer model is pretty heavy!

The look of the new stang is badass tho!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts