NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a set of JDM r34 skyline taillights and I am having them put on my car over the course of the winter. Can somebody please give me a preview of what it might look like by using photoshop. Also, I have some big plans. It is being wrapped in baby blue gucci vinyl and having the car painted in baby blue with white pearls. Please let me know what you think of my idea.
The engine bay is going to be painted as well.

Criticism is also welcome.

I am also planning to have my whole transmission build.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I am curious about the look with the new tails...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why the criticism I wonder. I am doing something different and building my transmission and planning a c2 turbo set up.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
yeah but don't Frankenstein your car man...
That is as bad as putting celica headlights on other cars...
BTW to put that on you will have to cut alot and do alot of custom work, gonna cost a grip to get it to look right.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having a shop sponsor me. total cost of the paint job and the taillight conversion 2800 including the engine bay. the problem is that car will be in the shop for 4 months.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so, i will be driving a winter beater or my mom's matrix which is all good. i have to purchase a winter beater, come to think of it. all this is costing around 6 grand, man. i m a college student going nuts. which means no going out with my girl, if so with her money-hehe. project for the summer after i get my car back again is to put a turbo. whew.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
if you havent painted your car that color yet its not to late ,dont turn your celica into a honda civic bro ,Let me geuss your color scheme is gonna be that baby blue with White .I dont know if its just me but it reminds me of the ricy civics we got at the local shows around here , it really looks cheep

I mean I really have no idea but i would stay away from Baby blue at all costs nothing good will come from, it trust me you will grow out of it and not like it ,Look into HOK Kandys if going custom .If you want Blue A HOK Oreintal Candy blue ,over HOK Gold Shimron base with 5- 6 coats of Kandy would LOOK SICK with a touch Of HOK Lime time green pearl,Trust Me we just painted some bike parts that color and they looked so sick I was thinking the whole time how nice a celi would look with that color you havent painted it that god awfull color yet so its not to late ,THINK ABOUT IT ,and look around.Just My tWO CENTS,just my opinion

SINC:Kenny heiser

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you're a college student, and you parents aren't rich off their ass and just dumping money on you, then you are retarded.

Spending that much time and money on your only car is stupid.

At the very most, a body kit with a new color exterior. You're just wasting your time and money with gucci interior. It's a freakin $20,000 sport compact. Vinyl die the interior and/or paint the console to match the exterior and be done with it. It will look good and won't be totally impractical. If you were planning on spending all this money, why didn't you just get a better car?

R34 tailights will look terrible, absolutely disgusting. They belong on a r34, and that's it. I don't see how you can possibly make those tailights flow with the lines of the celica without hacking the crap out of it until you can't tell what kind of car it was.

Don't be one of those guys. Your friends will disown you and your family will commit suicide, and that's not good for anyone.

Your car would look much better by just picking out a nice kit (trial, kam, etc...NOT buddyclub) and painting it a new color, and preferably one that hasn't been played out to hell (baby blue).

That way you would only be without your car a week or two at the most and get a really nice paintjob on it.

But if you want, go ahead. Hack it up with some R34 tailights and a played out color and some clothes fabric on your interior, and you can regret all of it in a couple years.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by silv3r0ne
i wonder how the hatch wud open...:confused:
Me too. :) All depends on how the lights are installed, and if the shop follows the lines around the tails, or creates new ones.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts