NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Chris
2000 Celica GTS, 1998 4Runner, 2008 Infiniti FX35
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone seen this video before?? Is this person a member of these boards??

My goal is to have this type of acceleration, or close! It seems to me that lift engagement is set to around 4,000. How the heck did this guy/girl get this type of power!?!:confused:

What do you guys think?? Was this done on a dyno, downhill or the real deal?? Does anyone here have similar acceleration?? Lets see some videos!! :cheers::bacon:

http://youtu.be/yosZSmMlttc

·
Registered
538 Posts
My guess is it was on a lift. There is no way it could be making that kind of power without forced induction (which you cannot hear in the video).

Edit: I take that back. You can clearly hear road noise.

·
Chris
2000 Celica GTS, 1998 4Runner, 2008 Infiniti FX35
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am trying to figure out what mods this person had to get a na 2zz to accelerate this way. U can clearly hear lift engagement at about 4,200 rpm, if u keep replaying the beginning u can hear and see it!

U can also clearly hear that forced induction is not used on the car.... I don't hear a waste gate, or a spool! :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
People forget that nitrous could've been used.

·
Registered
56 Posts
2nd vid--The driver side is on the right and those a/c controls and dash are completely different. It's clearly a foreign vehicle which means the gauge is in KPH. He only hits about 120 mph. It's a nice Celica but I don't think it's anywhere near as fast as the first video. Looks like it's a four speed so probably auto too, not as capable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.