NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah dude I'm just gonna go on the record and say your gonna need at least 20k to blow on the conversion.... I only did my conversion to spite someone. Your better off mating your 2zz to a w58 like the super 7 guys and using the matrix awd rear end... that bolts right in .... use the matrix drive shaft cut down and mod the mounts. Your still looking at 10k ish. Nothing is going to just drop in ... you can come over any time and I will show you the bullshit I went through lol

·
Registered
803 Posts
Also my traction issues may involve the big single on my car lol I just went 77mm so if you can get traction with that much power I would be impressed stock frame cars don't like power

·
2,644 Posts
Also my traction issues may involve the big single on my car lol I just went 77mm so if you can get traction with that much power I would be impressed stock frame cars don't like power
what size tires are you running? hell i ran 180's on my celica with a few bolt on mods and i was able to break loose in 3rd gear on the highway lol

·
Registered
803 Posts
what size tires are you running? hell i ran 180's on my celica with a few bolt on mods and i was able to break loose in 3rd gear on the highway lol
Depends on what wheels are on the car for the most part I run my 19" work vskf wheels in a 275 rear but I have spun with my ccws and they were 16x14" wide ccw classics

·
Registered
450 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
You can buy a FRS and sell the Celica for the cash u can sell the Celica for add maybe 2k or so and you can buy the 2jzgte swap kit for the FRS

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
With what transmission. I want something I can drop in.... not some custom bolt up transmission.
There is a RWD 3S motor that Toyota made from the factory, it is called the Altezza RS2000, I don't see why that tranny wouldn't fit on a 3SGTE. And like sc2jz said, you can make the 2ZZ RWD..

·
Registered
239 Posts
the amount of stupidity on this thread is ridiculous... god...

Mav, this is an idea i toyed with myself and i even did a lot of research on it. buttt im only 18 so the money and skills for this were way out of my reach. the SR20det is one of the best I-4s ever made. It can take 400 horse on stock internals (yea, double our shitty toyota zz engines) and the trans can take every horse of it. No trans mods needed until 500+. Its an amazing engine that would be in an amazing looking car. I dont car what anyone says CELICAS ARE VERY SLOWWWWWW. Yes they can hold their own put put them up against a cobalt or srt4 with a decent driver and we get butt raped.

a lot of this is because of the engine being about as strong as a cbr, but twice the weight and part is the fwd. But there is unfortunately one other problem: the car itself.

There is a reason there is no such thing as a 10 second celica. Not even the Suprica can do a 10 second quarter simply because of the way they were built. The frames materials are cheap, and designed to save weight. The rigidity is depressing, and the car is what it is: an economy car. It can barely be considered an entry level sports car.

If you want to have a one of a kind car, do it. If you want to learn how cars are made and why things are built from the factory the way they are, do it. If you want a fast car that can beat almost anything unmodded that cost less than 6 digits, do it. If you want all that for less money, get something else.

I know I'm a few months off but i figured id give you an educated response instead of the geniuses up there saying your supposed to swap toyota engines into nissans and you could get an r34 for $10k less.... hahaha... dumbasses...

21 - 40 of 95 Posts