NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys after years of saying i was gonna do this to my car I finally made it happen! just wanted to show it to you.

The top you can see the left and right bottom edges are slightly blocked, I didn't want to cut any more off because then it would need some more modification and I also didn't want to paint it or anything.

I can still touch any part of the screen and its not an issue, mounting it was a pain in the ass. I also wanted to have my backup camera on the top inside of the center screen. it needs some more tweaking on the top part. still searching for a filler or something custom.
So finally finished installing almost everything i had! felt good.

Garmin Gps
Pioneer 4000nex
dual amps, focal speakers , with kicker l5 don't need that much boom.
Kenwood backup cam
Laserline sensors
Heated seats
Morimoto hids
although I'm having issues with the hids boo :(
didn't get to take a pic of the heated seat switches but they look perfect under the window switches next time!.
Anyway thanks for [email protected]!

·
Registered
4 Posts
and this is my version of the framework))) TV function navigator and a rear view camera, colored akvaprint

was a homemade version of a frame with 7 inch touch screen monitor for car computer

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Post your Console THREAD!!!!! whoooohoo ... aksell nice setup.. you cut it wider for the fit?.. i was thinking it would change the look if i cut too much maybe i should now that i see that!....

trdm nice setup as well is that hvac fully functional?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OHH THANK YOU FOR THE PIC OF THE REAR!!! ill try that to remount mine because its not perfect.!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
is it easy to install that new climate control? i really want to swap mines out after seeing yours lol. is it as simple as plug n play? i know the stock one its mechanical for the turn knobs but the button one is just buttons. is 100$ a good deal for one?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I would think so if you get absolutely everything to swap.

I on the other hand just bought that JDM Navi button thing on ebay last night, and now am on the hunt for the center console piece.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
mrfunny - ive seen the navi buttons on yahoo auctions alot lately anywhere from $50-100 each

KronoVang - you cant just swap the control panel over and think itll work there are alot of parts that go with it

control panel
auto climate wire harness
interior temp sensor
exterior temp sensor
solar sensor
mode servo
temp servo
blower motor resistor
mode/temp servo linkage (almost impossable to find alone) *without this it wont work unless you make your own linkage*
blower motor housing (dont really need it ours will work you just wont be able to switch from fresh to in cabin air)
the motor for the blower housing

·
Registered
51 Posts
well i just googled some of those parts and the prices are out of my budget. rather get my body kits LOL. i think im good on the twist knobs. they do look outdated though. oh well. good luck mrfunny. oh and i found this if you were lookin for it. wasnt gonna share it with you but since i cant afford every piece. here ya go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-TOYOTA-CELICA-ZZT230-ZZT231-2000-2005-AC-HEATER-CLIMATE-CONTROL-FACTORY-OEM-/191399689466?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c904f7cfa&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
you can get the control panels cheaper on the uk ebay ive bought 2 for around $50 shipped

theres no cables when converting to the auto climate

itll be easier to locate a complete setup from a RHD and buy the correct servos. all togethor you could spend around $500

1 - 20 of 138 Posts