NewCelica.org Forum banner

121 - 138 of 138 Posts

·
FU-Q
2,469 Posts
Trying to figure out where to mount the solar sensor. I don't want to cut into the a pillar or drill into the dash (bc of my cf dash piece). I was wanting somewhere to where it looks clean and is still able to function.

·
#GetTheCoolShoeshine
1,239 Posts
Thats odd, but mine works in a weird way.
if i press AC the light turns on but no ac
if i press it again, ac light off - ac off
i press it again, ac light flashes - ac turns on
I press it again, ac light off - ac stays on.
if i press it one more time, it stars the loop again

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
its because the auto climate works off the control panel where the manual works off the ecu since we are still using the manual climate persay when you push the button the control panel isnt activating the ac unless you push it a 2nd time to tell the ecu the ac is on same goes with turning it off. only way to solve that issue is to get a eudm ecu

mine works like this.
push 1 time ac light flashes no ac
push 2nd time ac light off ac on
push 3rd time ac light on ac on
push 4th time ac light off ac off

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Interesting^^ Wasn't aware of this.
in theory yes it should solve the issue. for the manual climate control models the ecu controls the ac. auto climate models the ecu doesnt and the control panel does. switching the ecus would make the auto climate work correctly with turning ac on and off but on the other hand i dont know if we would need the eudm/jdm harness that goes with the ecu as there are features that the eudm/jdm models got that the us models did not get

·
Registered
104 Posts
Mine works like Karlos.z also:

I have EUDM climate control parts swapped into a JDM car. To be honest it's just a minor annoyance after all the trouble I had swapping the parts. Doing the auto climate swap into a RHD car is such a pain, the servos are located next to the pedals on the driver side. I spent at least 5 hours trying different ways of affixing the servos with screws.

Adding the second after-evap sensor is crucial, without it the AC is not engaged. I still need to add the solar and external temp sensors. Any ideas where these tap into? Is it on the blue plug of the climate control harness?

Also, what is the use of the white tubing on the interior temp sensor? It seems to help with drawing cabin air onto the sensor by aspirating from the heater core. I don't have the mount either on my heater core. If the interior sensor doesn't get the correct flow of air, wouldn't the climate control computer miscalculate the auto temperature settings?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
I gotta say these are some really good issues and resolutions being posted up for anyone who plans on doing this conversion. Great stuff nice to see how far along this post went lol.

·
Registered
104 Posts
...I still need to add the solar and external temp sensors. Any ideas where these tap into? Is it on the blue plug of the climate control harness?
Nevermind, I missed that part in iToaster's tutorial post. Exterior temp sensor connects to the yellow-green and yellow-black wires on blue plug and the solar sensor wires to the white and white-blue wires on the bottom row of the blue plug.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Just finish this project. Thank you guys !!! This tread was very helpful !!!
BTW if somebody interested , i used my blower assembly with some modifications.
Now you do not need blower from Europe to make this project fully functional.

·
#GetTheCoolShoeshine
1,239 Posts
Just finish this project. Thank you guys !!! This tread was very helpful !!!
BTW if somebody interested , i used my blower assembly with some modifications.
Now you do not need blower from Europe to make this project fully functional.
if you took any Pictures would help others alot.

Also the thread tittle doesnt help, i keep forgetting what it is about

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hey guys, just a re-cap, I finally made progress at the local dealership after being turned away for a 7th time.

Parts dealer was kind enough to print a catalog of an '06 Sienna HVAC and I recognize everything including the LHD blower house p/n:87130* but only the last five digits are USDM as with any p/n:

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/part-picture/large/005add/622420_875983F_8_87130D.png

Heater core looks like a good match, for the mode and temp levers but there is nothing in the diagram to reference.

https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/part-picture/medium/005add/622420_875983F_2_87050.png

He also mentioned the p/n:87165*resistor/relay was used with a battery cooling fan for an '03 Prius. Just thought I'd mention that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Climate control conversion blinking AC light solution

Hi guys !

After converting from manual to automatic climate control in my own Celica GT i have found the solution to the problem described above.
You do not have to get another ECU !

The thing is that the the climate control panel is linked via 4 wires to the speedometer. The speedometer has the AC amplifier build in and shares information with the climate control panel on vehicle speed, engine temperature and AC status.
The speedometer is also linked to the engine ECU via a MPX serial connection.
This means that when you push the AC button on the control panel, the signal first travels to the speedometer, then to the engine ECU that effectively sets the clutch on the AC compressor.

Solution : :thumbup:
There is one wire connection missing on the speedometer of a car that originally had manual AC. On the back of the speedometer there are two wiring connectors.
Take the blue connector (18 pins) and make sure that pin 5 is connected directly to the ground. Like in my situation there is probably no wire connected to that pin yet (should be a brown wire).
In the Celica repair manual volume 2 that you can find on this site, the pin-out of the speedometer can be found on page 864. Pin 5 is called 'AC ECU' in this list.
This will solve the problem and turns the 4-stage AC knob into a 2-stage knob.

Feel free to contact me if any questions arise.

Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Nice!

Wow glad to see you got things going. This thread really does need a new title haha!. it became the Auto Hvac install thread. Nice fix btw for that AC problem, I dont think there was a solution before.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Hi guys !

After converting from manual to automatic climate control in my own Celica GT i have found the solution to the problem described above.
You do not have to get another ECU !

The thing is that the the climate control panel is linked via 4 wires to the speedometer. The speedometer has the AC amplifier build in and shares information with the climate control panel on vehicle speed, engine temperature and AC status.
The speedometer is also linked to the engine ECU via a MPX serial connection.
This means that when you push the AC button on the control panel, the signal first travels to the speedometer, then to the engine ECU that effectively sets the clutch on the AC compressor.

Solution : :thumbup:
There is one wire connection missing on the speedometer of a car that originally had manual AC. On the back of the speedometer there are two wiring connectors.
Take the blue connector (18 pins) and make sure that pin 5 is connected directly to the ground. Like in my situation there is probably no wire connected to that pin yet (should be a brown wire).
In the Celica repair manual volume 2 that you can find on this site, the pin-out of the speedometer can be found on page 864. Pin 5 is called 'AC ECU' in this list.
This will solve the problem and turns the 4-stage AC knob into a 2-stage knob.

Feel free to contact me if any questions arise.

Good luck everyone.
Awesome man, thanks to share :thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys! I wanted to do this install for my celica since my manual climate controls broke so i thought might as well haha, i was wondering if anybody could help me out?

121 - 138 of 138 Posts