NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am having problems deciding on which setup to go with.
Right now I have a wings west style carbon fiber front lip (all alone in my room). The thing is, i have a little over 3.5" clearance from the ground in the front. I am scared i will fuck up my front lip when i drive around town. And anyone who knows anything about CF knows it expensive as hell to fix it when damaged. I also can go ahead and purchase a '03 front bumper along with a c-one style front lip thats supposed to be coming out in urethane.

Should i sell the cf front lip and buy a '03 front bumper, c one style lip, and pay another $400 to paint it or just keep the front lip?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
i would say depends on what the rest of the car looks like. but im sort of in the same boat. i'd like to get rid of my kaminari front and rear and just get a carbon fiber front lip. but i'd have to get a stock rear bumper some how.

btw is that lip made by seibon? how much did you get it for and from where?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first off, keep the rear-it is nice. secondly, I believe rich bought the lip from seibon when they still had them in stock for $375 (and before anybody whines about the cost, think about the fact that you dont have to get it painted).
Also, Idesigns was supposedly going to make a batch but flaked out.

·
Registered
216 Posts
i saw pics of the car.. i LOVE the way it looked when you bought it.. i say keep it that way.. but thats my opinion..

i also like the c-one front lip.. but if you already got the CF lip.. keep it..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
teamERAcelica said:
i saw pics of the car.. i LOVE the way it looked when you bought it.. i say keep it that way.. but thats my opinion..
ill probably devise some sort of a clear edge gaurd for the lip. i havnt found out anything yet. ANY IDEAS?

·
Premium Member
13,784 Posts
If your worried about scraping......The c-one lip sits about 1.5 inches lower then the stock '03 bumper and I already scrape with the stock bumper on TRD springs :(

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
MicaCeli said:
If your worried about scraping......The c-one lip sits about 1.5 inches lower then the stock '03 bumper and I already scrape with the stock bumper on TRD springs :(
ouch...hey mayn, if you dont want it, ill trade ya my TRD OEM front bumper for it...;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts