NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, well my cf hood have wont go down all the way on the passenger side... the hood would close completely but there is about a one inch gap of open space around the passenger headlight... will hood pins help hold it down>?

heres some pics

thanks guys....

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Make sure its on right and that you didnt leave any tools under the hood.

What brand hood is it?

Yes hood pins can fix that but it will stress the hood a tad.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
Yeah, make sure nothing is in its way. Or it could be really bad fitment..

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Hoodpins will help. My passenger side sticks up a bit, not as much as you, but that's because I didn't install the hoodpins.

I'm selling my hood BTW. Going back to stock.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
this must be made by VIS...which if it is, you're not alone with the fitment issue. go to your toyota dealer and get a front bumper rubber weather stripping and tape it on to the hood...

you can also move the latch down a little bit as well...

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's pretty bad, maybe it's warped.

When I had mine, I had to play around with the fitment for awhile and it got a bit better but never perfect.

I still think it was my ECU cover that caused the uneven fitment, you can also take it off and it would probably fit if that's the problem..but driving w/o it is definately not recommended lol.

But you should try repositioning the four nuts that holds it in, there shouldn't be that big of a gap. Using hood pins on a gap that big would definately make some major stress on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts