NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
That does look ok, but if i was gonna go carbon fiber on my center console, i would have to make the entire thing cf, not just the radio and clock surrounds. it would look tacky.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Eh it's stupid Fibercation, dude will probably give you a console with most of it painted black. :lame:

Monster_boy said:
How do i purchase if i am from Singapore ??
Cos it says shipping in US only.....
Good luck with that. I can't even imagine how much of a tough time Fibercation will give people who live outside the US.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Due to the world wide shortage of Carbon Fiber fabric (expected to last untill 07)

????

:bs:

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Dooly said:
jst07 said:
Due to the world wide shortage of Carbon Fiber fabric (expected to last untill 07)
????
:bs:
That is true.....
Yea the shortage is true, ask topshop how long it took them to get a decent amount. Kinda screws you when that IS your business.

Also as much as ppl hate fibercation, their ebay is great from what I've seen and heard.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
bs fibercation's ebay setup is no good either.

I ordered a ecu cf cover, and was so dissapointed in the quality of workmanship on the piece, that I almost sent it back.

When it arrived, the fiber wasn't stretched all the way to the edges, they left a good 1/8" or 1/4" gap on the corners near the battery side of the piece. The edges that did stretch all the way to the corners were not rolled. They didn't even try to roll the edge, it was just black plastic with a piece of fiber hanging off of it. The gap looked like a hangnail because it was not filled where it touched the plastic and the fiber.

On top of all that, as soon as i open the package they tissue wrapped the piece and the tissue paper got stuck all to the clearcoat. I guess they thought it was dry and sent it off. Regardless I had to re clear the piece to make it look right again.

all in all i had to kitty hair the piece, tape it off, spray the edges black where there was no fiber to overhang, and then re clear it.

For all that work, I should have wrapped it myself from teh beginning.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Well then its hit and miss, cause i've seen some great work. I have seen the crappy stuff as well though.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
it probably has a lot to do with how much $$ they get out of you. For 50-60 bucks you get their crappy work. Spend a few hundred they will take care of you properly.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
honestly why dont u people ask me 1st ;) My whole center consoel is fibercation. Short version. Some parts will have black paint becasue he doesnt attempt to wrap areas where c/f doenst wanna go and the finish (clearcoat polish) will be very scratchy and not very clear. All o my parts were reclearcoated and i wetsanded and polished after. If anyone has any questions about them or where else to get work done let meknow

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
i would wait to see what the other's current projcets from julia turend out like 1st. i know nero is having work done as well as slvceli. I had my ac vents and she did a good job but when she recleared my fibercation center console it was late and she didnt seem to polish it. could be a fluke but wanted to see how the others turned out. i know fibercation charges liek 250 or so for the center 3 pieces. i think julia's is around there. Topshops is in most instances around 1.5 to 2x as much but will be near perfect. That is prettymuch your only option currently

·
Registered
8,364 Posts
The shop I have does professional painting and he said he has a partner that can also wrap CF...
They said that they can't get hold of the CF sheet cause of the shortage..
It's true but there are shop that sells them in small quantities..... they probably don't have good sources...
I'll look around for CF shops and get hold some sheets and have one of my spare console wrapped..... hopefully they do a good job.... :D

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
hombredelassrta said:
Some parts will have black paint becasue he doesnt attempt to wrap areas where c/f doenst wanna go and the finish (clearcoat polish) will be very scratchy and not very clear. All o my parts were reclearcoated and i wetsanded and polished after. If anyone has any questions about them or where else to get work done let meknow

Yes this is the issue i had with my fibercation ecu cover. Honestly, if that is the kind of quality they send out on the regular then how do they manage to still be in biz? I knew about the horror stories with them, but i thought that had to do with people not getting their stuff back once they turned it over for wrapping.

If you buy something wrapped, you should be able to put it on with no modifications to the product.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
u get what u pay for unfortunatly :( i try to worn everyone about the actula quality you will be getting back. as for parts getting not returned there actually prety good about that. its just the whole black paint and crappy polish job that what they get in toruble for

1 - 20 of 26 Posts