NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know, I used to have a celica and had to sell it and got my piece of **** neon in the meantime while i could get all my **** out of the way and get another celica as soon as i could. Well, another car has caught my eye and I have been seriously persuaded to go that route. Overall, it's just an excellent car and very fast... gonna be even faster after I get through with it (if i do in fact get it) it's a very limited edition car (no, not the STI) but i'll keep it a mystery in the meantime just to keep you guys guessing. I might change my mind back to getting the celica but i doubt it now as i have been thinking about this for a while now and it's starting to become a no brainer....

maybe this is my goodbye from the celica people.. even though deep down, i'll always be a celica lover..... we'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
Well, sorry to hear that you may be switching up, but understandable. If I were in the market for a new car now, I would definitely NOT pick the celica. 1st choice would of course be STi or EVO. Still not sure which one yet. :(
Followed by a nice used Rx-7, and then a mk I or mk II mr2 with a 3s-gte swap. :D

Limited edition, eh?

My guess would be SRT-4, Mazdaspeed Protege, or maybe even some domestic muscle car??

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Shinsen Miata. Or even more limited edition, a Club Sport Miata - only 50 made, and they are having trouble selling all of them (stripped Miata for club racing, ie. autocross)

·
Premium Member
7,616 Posts
Are we turning this into a "other cars I wanna buy" thread? I was just trying to guess the thread starter's mystery car...

New:
-Evo
-STi (then all I need is the spec C steering rack... hopefully the detonation problems will be fixed)
-Legacy wagon if I have to be practical or something

Old:
-3rd gen RX7 R1 - red or yellow - add reliability mods but keep it otherwise stock (or possibly convert to non sequential)
-240SX - don't care what year - then get an SR20DET and LSD - sorry Jake I stole this project car from you
-Miata + rollcage + turbo - AC + LSD

-bd

·
Registered
19,279 Posts
djm221 said:
Shinsen Miata. Or even more limited edition, a Club Sport Miata - only 50 made, and they are having trouble selling all of them (stripped Miata for club racing, ie. autocross)
Oh yeah, completely forgot about the miata. Sorry. :)

But he did say fast and I don't think he means through the corners. So, it didn't even pop into my mind.

the Spec Miata cars? I didn't know mazda made those. I thought they were fitted by some aftermarket shop like the Spec Rx-7's were?

·
Work Done, Sexy Time.
2,835 Posts
My guess is the new Mazdaspeed Protege or someone is selling a MP3. Of the MP3 only 1500 were made 1100 in blue and 400 in yellow.

The MP3 doesn't have turbo but it's the same car so if the price is right...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
XYRCNCP said:
they are having trouble selling them? why? price too high?
I don't know why they can't sell them, but they have offered some good incentives to get rid of them. List price was $19 something grand. I think after some of the incentive deals, you could get closer to the $16's.
It's not a Spec Miata, it's just a 2003 with no radio, AC, power steering and an option of no soft top ("replaced" with hard top) - all in the effort of least weight. But even after all of that, it is stil heavier than the 99' Sport with a radio, AC, and PS (same body style). They added more underbody bracing and bigger wheels and brakes after 2001. So, if you want a new Miata for autocrossing, then you would get the Club Sport, but if you want to win, you'd find a 99' Sport :D

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.