NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my lift bolts a few weeks back and after I changed them everything was fine. Week later, tried hitting lift and rev limiter kicked in at 7k. So I opened the hood and noticed I had oil around the valve gasket so I unbolted and reseated valve cover and was able to hit lift again. Next weekend again rev limiter kicked in at 7k so I ordered a new valve gasket and installed that plus using torque wrench retightened all bolts (including lift bolts) and was able to hit lift again. This weekend again I have a limiter kicks in at 7k.

So any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong. I disconnect the battery everytime I've done this to reinstall/retighten (if that has anything to do with it).

I'm at a lost for what to do so some help would be appreciated.

Edit: forgot to mention that the car is fully warmed at the time also 60k miles on the engine.

· Registered
148 Posts
hey guys. you think my car is running in "safe mode" because i recently installed 2nd gen lift bolts and let the car warmed up,but everytime i try to hit lift, there's no LIFT at all so as for the rest of the gears. any suggestions? i put everything right back in place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.