NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been wanting better lighting in my climate control area. My old setup had dead spots in towards the bottom and the outer areas. Now before you start, remember, this is a do it at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for anything that goes wrong. I bought a pair of these bulbs off ebay for about $4 shipped.

What you want to do is separate the LED's from the base. I have found that sometimes these LED's are glued to the base, while other times it's not. You want to first bend the pins straight. then take your fingernail and slowly separate the base from the LED.

edit: Recently i've found one of my led's was being a bit subborn to pull out. I ended up taking a blade and heated it up. Then slowly cut through the base. So do this if the other method doesn't work easily.

I decided to use a little bit of shrink wrap just in case the wires touch each other.

Once that's done, it's time to solder it onto the board. To make things a bit easier. I used my glue gun and put a dab around the LED base to make it stick to the circuit board. Next bend the wires to the proper locating and solder it on. The positive connection is towards the outside.

Before reassembling everything, please make sure everything is working properly.

·
Bazinga.
3,255 Posts
those look like my old gauges :crazy2: exactly actually lol.. i thought i sold those locally

and yes, x2 on the clock. thats a pretty clean looking interior ya got going on.

·
Paint Guru
5,588 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
very nice write up, JT! :thumbup: wish i had this before i bought mine from dooly. would have saved me some money...
lol yea.. i was trying to avoid the dooly route. coudn't see myself spending that much on bulbs.

How did you do that white clock?
those look like my old gauges :crazy2: exactly actually lol.. i thought i sold those locally

and yes, x2 on the clock. thats a pretty clean looking interior ya got going on.
i got the gauges from dooly. As for the clock.. i remove the lens cover and used 2 pink and i think 1 purple filter.

so how much would it cost for YOU to do it for me? :gap:
^x2 :wave:
really? :wtf:

its not that hard. the labor would probably cost you alot more than the bulbs tho lol.
Dont have that welding tool. Maybe you can do it then :eek:: Dinner on me ;)
not that hard man. A soldering iron is like 7$ for a cheap one... or borrow a friends. that's what i did. lol

looks aight

lol jk :) the light is very well dispersed, good job :thumbup:
thankx!

Just take of the cover on the clock it looks alot nicer with out it
x2

·
Registered
284 Posts
Thanks, I looked at hombre's guide and it was looking like the only color options I had was orange or red. Appreciate it! Sorry to jack your thread :(

Edit: Scrolled down and found my answer thanks!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts