NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I recently decided that I wanted to switch out the stock exhaust for something just a little louder but will still give some hp gain, after a lot of research I concluded that the Evo2 catback is the best one that fitted my criteria. However it is rather expensive compared to the louder Greddy TI-C. I was wondering if any of you know of or are willing to sell an Evo2 catback (axleback) for under $500. Im interested in used as well as long as its not too beat up :chuckles: Willing to pay shipping.
Please let me know! Thankss!

Zaaz

·
Registered
642 Posts
i bought mine double used lol for 275 shipped from pretty far away i think it was.. i havnt done a true dyno or anything so i dont have actual HP and torque, but i have my dads drive computer and just did some 0-60 times. intake and header i ran about 7.7 seconds. with the exhaust i now run 7.85. its not a super accurate representation, but i did a bout 10 runs each time and averaged em.

iv given up on performance though, my evo2 is just for show and sound now ha. With the celica, unless you dumo in a ton of money your not gunna get much out of it, especially if you have just the gt

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Just buy the evo2 knockoff made by obx on eBay. Think it's like 145/150 bucks. Two things to keep in mind:
1-they're all axle backs, they only replace te rearmost pipe and muffler
2-hp and two gains are minimal, I think the trd boasted the most gains, and it was somewhere like 6 horsepower

Don't worry about quality of the cheapo exhausts, I have an eBay exhaust I paid $130 shipped for and it works just fine. Only a little louder than stock, exactly what I was looking for
http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust...3?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_3591wt_698

I have this one, sounds good and you can change the massive tip
http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-04-TOYOT...fits=Model:Celica&hash=item564c85ad5b&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I did take a look at the obx one but when I saw the price I thought that it was way to low to be any good. How long have you had yours? it doesn't sound ricey at all does it? The best thing about the evo2 is its not too loud and it has a deep tone to it instead of a higher pitched fart noise like a lot of the others I looked at. And thanks for the links :D

·
Registered
642 Posts
yeah it was a little beat up but for the price it was good. i like it over all the tip is huge though. its one big exhaust though. easily the lowest part of my car too

edit: also when you get it, word of advise for the instal, just buy new rubber hangers and cut the ones on the car off. its such a bitch to get the rubbers off the exhausts hangers.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Ill take a pic later of how the piping sits tho, its so low mines flat now instead of round from hitting stuff lol. I know how to fix it its just a bitch finding a freezer big enough.

We greased it but there was so much rust it didnt matter. Make sure u grease the studs on the new exhaust so u can get it off later hopefully ha

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol wow sounds like this thing has taken quite a bit of abuse. allright thanks for the tip. i moved this to the want to buy section hopefully someone can help me out, i just wish they wernt so dang expensive in the first place, for and axleback!

·
Registered
642 Posts
i guess its not really THAT low but i mean the rest of my car (stock body lowered almost as much as i can just a few threads left) can pass over say a dead groundhog. but the exhaust will rape it. thats happened a few times lol

·
Premium Member
825 Posts
holy fuck that's low lol. I remember when it was on my car it was low at stock height. I def think TRD is better, and as for hp loss, did u instal the headers at the same time? cause that would cause hp loss

·
Registered
642 Posts
no i had the header in for a while before i put it on. iv been thinkin about going to a trd actually. i might see if i cant find a trade if someone wants or try and sell this one but idk if i wanna do that now. workin on gettin some new wheels lol

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
The GReddy EVO II CAN'T give
one of the biggest gains
why, because the piping is way too round about!

Every other system for the Celica either matches the piping layout or tries to cut the number of bends for a straighter, less restrictive flow.

The EVO II has added a round about piping, adding onto the overall piping length and adding a sharp bend to their design over stock. Sure, the stock muffler is restrictive, but at least there are less bends with it or another aftermarket system with similar piping.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts