NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had my 2001 GT celica MT for 3 months now. i have already had to replace the tranny, and the check engine light went on for the second time this morning. the first time the light when on i was getting evap codes, i brought it to the shop, they charged me $70 just to turn off the light. apparently nothing was wrong.

is there anyway to reset the engine light without the handheld diagnostics computer? i am really not interested in paying another $70 to have a light turned off

suggestions?

thanks

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
halfeyedjack said:
i have had my 2001 GT celica MT for 3 months now. i have already had to replace the tranny, and the check engine light went on for the second time this morning. the first time the light when on i was getting evap codes, i brought it to the shop, they charged me $70 just to turn off the light. apparently nothing was wrong.

is there anyway to reset the engine light without the handheld diagnostics computer? i am really not interested in paying another $70 to have a light turned off

suggestions?

thanks
disconnecting the battery for a few minutes will turn off the light but it will continue to come back on until the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
i had this reoccuring issue for like 3 months, i went through an engine replacement, idle speed control valve replacement and some other minor work. Eventually got to the bottom of the problem...it was a faulty wiring loom. Got that loom replaced and havnt had the light turn on since.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Are you close to Indiana, PA, If you are you can drive up here and let me have a look at your car. I have my own code reader.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.