NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so my bro just got a gts from this site. and when my dad and bro was driving it back and something blew and they had no clue what it was( at least thats what my bro told me), check this out. before and after pics of engine bay.

this is before.
<img src="http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/innocent-boi23/beforeenginebay.jpg">

after
<img src="http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/innocent-boi23/IMG_0608.jpg">

I am guessing it has something to do with the unplugged sensor. i need help man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,751 Posts
coolant low? you cant tell if anything is abnormal from these pictures..did you get cels? at what location on the car did the sound come from? front? rear? could you get it in gear? etc...very vauge questions...looks like you got hosed from a member on this site...i hate dirtbag sellers...good luck getting it fixed.
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Definitely something with the coolant. You can see a puddle of it on the bracket for the reservoir, and there's nothing in the reservoir itself (full enough in the first pic). Weird that there's no coolant on anything else, though...
 

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Joined
·
28,865 Posts
Toonie said:
it's the PCV hose going to the intake manifold
He's got a filter on the end of it at the end of the 2nd pic. Can't have it connected to the throttle body anymore since he's got a turbo. It'll pressurize the crankcase otherwise. I'm surprised he has it connected in the 1st pic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
yes the coolant is a problem, they said the car was smoking and they open the hood and coolant was all leaking out. About the pcv I should un hook it? Sound came from front. tho i wasn't there when it happended but I know about cars the most or at least about celis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
So Mechanics check it and turn out engine blew. And my parents cancelled the check so if the guys wants the money he's gotta call us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
Man...that SUCKS!! Who'd you buy it from? What's his name on the site??
I would say research this site with his name and find out if there was ever anything wrong with the car... If it's a new user...contact one of the admins on the site (LarryD or Chump come to mind) and have them do an IP search...he might have 2 names... Did he mention if anythign was wrong with the car prior to you buying it?

Sorry to hear that man...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
okay it look normal in the first pic but the sec pic has some changes to it ,like valve cover breather now it has a little filter what is in its place now ,looks like a coolent hose?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
884 Posts
Celicahzn said:
So Mechanics check it and turn out engine blew. And my parents cancelled the check so if the guys wants the money he's gotta call us.
is that legal? your brother bought the car in as-is condition. proving that the owner sold the car knowing et would fail very soon is going to be very hard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
472 Posts
I was the one who sold him the car, listen lilke i told u before the plugs where from the new injectors, they needed new harness, why don't u tell this people from where drove the car? if any of u want to know i drove it from Long Island to Indiana, that was about 800 miles, 16hours, and at no point i had ANY, ANY!!!!!!!! PROBLEMS IT WAS a straight drive, this guy takes the car after an hour and blows the motor, how is that posible????!!!! my wife was there to witness this whole mess, i specificaly told them the brother and the father about the maintness, they seem not to care about it. not my problem. i told them DO NOT LET THE EGT GO OVER 8 !!!!!! DON'T PUSH IT, THE CAR WAS NOT FULLY TUNED!! do u guys REMEMBER THAT????? but i guess u did not care to listen ask any one on the NE forum and they will tell you all the trips i have been in with this car and never NEVER HAD A PROBLEM, and now beucase of YOUR GUYS mistake i am the one that has too look bad in this peoples eyes, i don't think its fair. why dont' u tell, why don't u tell all this people what REALY HAPPEND?? :angry: :angry: :angry: . After all the work i have put in this car and i give u a perfectly running car, this is what i get from you guys, this is just a leason to never sale anything to low lifes that can't take care of something good. if any one wants to know what realy happend here is a link http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=218983
 

·
FTW
Joined
·
6,168 Posts
do you have in writing that the car was AS IS? if so, take that idiot to court for your money. he has no right stopping your check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Stupidity is it's own consequence. You broke it, you take care of it yourself. This is why I hate when kids who don't know anything get involved, and buy a car they can't handle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
884 Posts
StaticX27 said:
Stupidity is it's own consequence. You broke it, you take care of it yourself. This is why I hate when kids who don't know anything get involved, and buy a car they can't handle.
+1. an aftermarket FI car requires a knowledgeable owner.

sincere, you need to learn how to write complete thoughts and sentences. goddam, your spelling, grammar, and sentence construction is at a 3rd grade level.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
sure ur bro didnt just pull a

1st-2nd-1st shift? while he was racing/showing off

that is by far the easiest way to blow an engine especially a turboed one


racerboi23 said:
Ok so my bro just got a gts from this site. and when my dad and bro was driving it back and something blew and they had no clue what it was( at least thats what my bro told me),
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,561 Posts
I bought a CAI from Sincere the night before he drove to Indiana, I witnessed the car running in perfect condition. I know Sincere for the longest and I know how hard he worked to keep his car in good shape. I'm sure that the new owners wanted to unleash the power of the car completely disregarding the advice and warnings that were given to them and now they want to blame it on him?? Dude he drove 16 hours so don't try to tell me that the car was not in good shape, also a few weeks ago he drove the car to Seaside Heights, NJ were we had our Tri-State yearly meet and the car was in good shape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,058 Posts
matadorgts said:
I bought a CAI from Sincere the night before he drove to Indiana, I witnessed the car running in perfect condition. I know Sincere for the longest and I know how hard he worked to keep his car in good shape. I'm sure that the new owners wanted to unleash the power of the car completely disregarding the advice and warnings that were given to them and now they want to blame it on him?? Dude he drove 16 hours so don't try to tell me that the car was not in good shape, also a few weeks ago he drove the car to Seaside Heights, NJ were we had our Tri-State yearly meet and the car was in good shape.
:werd: i second the car running at the seaside meet
 

·
00 MRS - 2ZZ NA
Joined
·
4,137 Posts
ffire said:
sure ur bro didnt just pull a

1st-2nd-1st shift? while he was racing/showing off

that is by far the easiest way to blow an engine especially a turboed one
Sounds like it. That's why the very first thing I did with my car back in March was to get used to the narrow shift gates while the car was completely off. It doesn't take much practice to get used to, but I guess he just went right into it :nono:
 
1 - 20 of 105 Posts
Top