NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna be in town 4 iR import Revolutions and was wondering were there some good street racing goes down and were most peeps just cruise. If u could post some spots and approx. how many people go on a given night. Thanks

·
Registered
773 Posts
It's not hatin. Or hating.

But you're pretty much begging karma to kick your ass by posting a thread like this, even if the cops don't see it.

So, do yourself a favor and ask around at the show. That way you'll know for sure and probably get more accurate information. Which is really what you want, right? You're not really looking to piss off a bunch of members who've been here a long time and are trying to do you a favor, right?

Mike

·
Registered
263 Posts
or yo ucan pm us or email us? I am sure anyone would tell you. PM me if yo uwant, though i dont know of any places besides like 4, but tahts about it!!

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
IF you are ever back in the area.. go around the Belmont/Harlem area and drive up and down Harlem. There are guys that gather in parking lots around there almost EVERY night.. and more often than not u can find a few that will want to race u.. or they all go driving around and race. There are tons of spots close to there where Police won't harass you.. I was just there last night.. raced at O'Hare airport.. it was pretty insane.

·
Registered
415 Posts
nxracer said:

About time.
I'm a fan of charging everyone caught street racing with attempted homicide myself. Unfortunately our prisons are overflowing with people already and we can't reasonably put people who do not care at all for the lives of others in prison for a year or more where Bruno could give them a nice reminder of what people like them deserve. Confiscation of property can maybe help the situation but I fear that it will head the same way the confiscation laws have with drug "crimes"...guilty until proven innocent.

Not sure I have a good answer but I know that I for one make sure to call the local police about every single time some riced out moron revs his engine at me and tears away from a stop light. And if I ever hear about locations for a street race, and I have unfortunately overheard such conversations at autocross events and elsewhere, I make sure to call the police with time and location as well. I'm proud of the fact that I have gotten people arrested for street racing, maybe it saved someone's life.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Im sure most of us would got to the track but it cost to much if you go there several times, (tho paying that price is much cheaper then a persons life) and its usually packed full of the real dragsters. Yes I agree with u but if street racing is done in a safe place not near ne pedestrians the chance of someone dieing is not as great. Sorry u have to feel that way but i now for sure that we all experience road rage once and awhile (that endangers people just as much as racing on the streets do) its not much different.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
TRDcelicaGT01 said:
Im sure most of us would got to the track but it cost to much if you go there several times, (tho paying that price is much cheaper then a persons life) and its usually packed full of the real dragsters. Yes I agree with u but if street racing is done in a safe place not near ne pedestrians the chance of someone dieing is not as great. Sorry u have to feel that way but i now for sure that we all experience road rage once and awhile (that endangers people just as much as racing on the streets do) its not much different.
lol sort of true, i experience verbal road rage however my driving is not affected :) lol

As for street racing and that law in chicago that is a great step :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts