NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it for celica owners to chirp 2nd, for some reason I cant do it all the time, and I usually only do it with a passenger in the car and on the street. At the track I never chirp 2nd. I want to here some suggestions on if I am doing something wrong to not be chirping. I dont shift hard, I shift smooth because I dont like putting the tranny through hell.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Please elaborate on how "chirping" a tire during shift slows you down?? We are not talking mad wheel spin, rather a small chirp...such that would last less than 1 sec...

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
well maybe not just the 1-2 would slow you down but you would want to get all the power out that you can.
i know when i was at the track with the blitz clutch is spinned every gear going down the track. with the act i have now i can only do the 1-2.

·
Registered
486 Posts
ive only chirped a couple of times and that was in the beginning when i first got my car and started hitting lift.. now i cant chirp anymore

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
IRL said:
Please elaborate on how "chirping" a tire during shift slows you down?? We are not talking mad wheel spin, rather a small chirp...such that would last less than 1 sec...
that less than a second difference could mean winning by inches, foot, 1/2 car or 1 car. at the track in could be a difference of .2 to .3 seconds in the end, which is a lot.

How hard is it for celica owners to chirp 2nd, for some reason I cant do it all the time, and I usually only do it with a passenger in the car and on the street. At the track I never chirp 2nd. I want to here some suggestions on if I am doing something wrong to not be chirping. I dont shift hard, I shift smooth because I dont like putting the tranny through hell.
unfortunately the only way to chirp 2nd in a gts is to speedshift, a slow shift won't break loose the tires. don't have to powershift, just a quick shift into 2nd at or near cutoff will chirp the tires.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
TRD Liquid Silver said:
unfortunately the only way to chirp 2nd in a gts is to speedshift, a slow shift won't break loose the tires. don't have to powershift, just a quick shift into 2nd at or near cutoff will chirp the tires.
:werd: another factor is the tires. I had the stock yoko's on my GT-S when i first got it, and chirping second was a breeze. Then i got Potenza's put on, and chirping was impossible. I even had one of my freinds (Tim - PhaQGM) try it, just to make sure, he couldnt even do it.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
Yeah, I could chirp on my stock tires but, I've only done it once since I got some good ones.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
UBadMnkyBad said:
:werd: another factor is the tires. I had the stock yoko's on my GT-S when i first got it, and chirping second was a breeze. Then i got Potenza's put on, and chirping was impossible. I even had one of my freinds (Tim - PhaQGM) try it, just to make sure, he couldnt even do it.
true, the stock tires were very easy to chirp. i've had kuhmo's 712 for a year and now the yoko parada's and after they wear in they're also pretty easy to chirp.

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
I will tell you guys a easy way to chirp, add a turbo like me :) you can chirp in all 5 gears (I have a GT so no 6th) if you do it right with cheap tires.... I now have Pirelli P7000 its harder to chirp but I can still chirp through 3rd with no problem.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts