NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CHOP TOP 997 GT2
Albert Motorsport is a German tuning company who specializes in various models of Porsches from street mild tuning to blow your mind wild creations. And the latter is what I wanted to feature in this blog post. Check out their Project GT2 R Flat. It started as a black 997 that turned into a 997 GT2 bodied race car with a chopped top.

I don't normally care for Porsches, but this looks great.

More pics of the build at the source.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
seems more a supercar now...props on it.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I dunno, the proportions are out of whack.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The 997 is pretty awesome.
Matt black paint, rims and ride height ruin the other one.

·
Theoretical Gear Head
754 Posts
The professional chop looks good.

But the other...
I dunno, the proportions are out of whack.
Air vent placement is unfortunate. Makes the car look like someone sat on it and bulged out the filling.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
the local one is getting huge fenders, giant rams and suspension sorted out over the winter.

Keep in mind - that flat black car makes over 400 whp and weighs 2000 lbs.

It walks sport bikes.

·
gb2 ff
455 Posts
i give him credit for completely geeking out on his project. however, the chop just makes it look amateurish.

the later posts from his build say 2500lbs with him in it. 65% of the weight in the back. yikes.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
sorry, I meant to spell it ramz.

no, seriously, my 3 year old now refers to wheels as ramz because that's how I say it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi

thanks for the input on my car. please note it is in process everything on it is hand made with out manuals. It is function then followed by form.
I am in the process of lowering it and putting new rims (ramz) on it along with a full carbon fiber rear and NASCAR ducts to replace the scoops. please note the rockers and ground effects are not on the car in any of the pictures and the front has yet to be lowered.

it will very close to 50/50 by spring... anyone judging the weight displacement please check their own numbers and other Porsche numbers. I will be happy to push my car through a turn against any other. lots of grip and ass load of push, you just can't be a p***y about it.

again any input is always appreciated and often entertaining.

before cutting the back off again:

rears

where I am now:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts