NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1st I wanna credit Chris Rado owner of World motorsports and World racing division with this amazing 2zz..

visit His web sight http://world-motorsports.com and enjoy all the amazing rides he's built!! Also a great guy to buy your high performance parts from ;) also check out http://world-racing.com

2nd I wanna thank my Buddy David(topper 8703) for these pics and for calling and talking with Eric plabani & Chris about this amazing engine....
David you rock buddy find out all ya can about this bad boy!Man a vid would be insain!

So the 2zz is weak huh? It will never match a built honda or nissan huh?
Well Chris Rado begs to differ- Chris's amazing Turbocharged 2zz-ge engine puts down 750 Crank Horsepower!!!! :blink:

Yes everyone on there knees bowing for the king :p

Quote: Redliner9K "GO BIG OR GO HOME!!"

:D

also heres a link to our thread ,as Eric & Chris gives us more info and pics we will update
http://matrixowners.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=58945&st=0&p=814770&

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Look an engine built for racing do not have to last long, so I am not suprised that he can achieve high HP. Building a 750HP for daily driving would be another matter. Congrats to him building a sweet motor, but with all his backing he should be able to do this long time ago.

BTW I met Chris Rado long time ago, nice guy very inconspicuous. Wouldn't know he is race car driver when you run into him, but damn can he drive :)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Woot woot Rio! Damn nice build....

Ask him what he think about TRD saying that the 2zz-ge past the 800hp mark the head starts to warp.

Good stuff man!

WHERE'S MY CAP FOO!?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
1 - Rado didn't build the motor for TRD, TRD built it for Rado.

2 - he didn't wind up running it in his drag car - hes running a modified 3RZ tacoma motor because they wanted over 1000 HP

3 - at around 800 HP hat 2ZZ started warping the head

4 - whats so surprising? Those of us that know about the 2ZZ have been telling everyone that it has way more potential than people have been giving it credit for. That motor is fully built with a custom dry sump and running on alcohol - of course its going to make power when you strap a huge ass turbo to it. Its also never seen much time in a car if any so there no telling if it would hold up

5 - If you want to spend $50K or so on an engine build I can make you one just like it.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Im waiting patiently for a damn Intake Manifold like the one they have for my 1zz...... if one wont come out withing the next 6 months i will be forced to get one fabbed and then get a ported TB to go along side of it....

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
4 - whats so surprising? Those of us that know about the 2ZZ have been telling everyone that it has way more potential than people have been giving it credit for.
Well up until mrw and this engine its all just been talk with no proof.

·
Registered
390 Posts
emotart said:
Im waiting patiently for a damn Intake Manifold like the one they have for my 1zz...... if one wont come out withing the next 6 months i will be forced to get one fabbed and then get a ported TB to go along side of it....
by any chance do you know who is researching an intake manifold for the 1zz?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
dfdrummer1 said:
by any chance do you know who is researching an intake manifold for the 1zz?

Rankore (sp) is suppose to be making one... They have been working on it for already 1 year. :chuckles: i really want one and as soon as someone makes one that looks good im jumping on it along with like 30 other ppl easy that want it.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
Pulsar1 said:
Well up until mrw and this engine its all just been talk with no proof.
Dude TRD built this engine like 3 or 4 years ago. Theres been proof for a long time.

·
Registered
732 Posts
why would you waste so much time and money to make a 700 hp front wheel drive drag car? its about the most impracticle platform to start with

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Hay I do remember that engine pics. It is very old.
I thought Chris Rado build something like it so never gave it a 2nd thought.
I guess they kept everything internal the same and put a tC shell on it.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts