NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay,
So I've searched an found a lot of info and am pretty sure as to what to do. I bought a H/U with 3 RCA jacks and am going to run them to my 5 channel amp. Then, I run new speaker wires from the amp to all the speakers and subs.

I'm not sure though on a couple of things:
1. How do I run the new wires to all of the existing speakers in the fronts? Should I cut out the stock subs and wire the speaker and tweeter in series since I'm using new subs?
2. The connection in the back of my H/U has a ton of wires. Do I hard wire everything except the speaker wires together with stock wires by pulling them out of the stock plug and soldering/crimping?
3. Do I use the ground wire comming out of the H/U and ground it to one of the screws or is there a wire to splice it to from the stock plug?

Thanks for the help in advance. I am very new to wiring and this is my first system install, so yeah...

-Christopher

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,879 Posts
I'm guessing that this is a GT-S/Premium Sound system in an '00-'02?

If so:

1) Your choice. You can just not use the front subs (the tweeter & mid are already joined) or you can move the high-pass filter going to the tweeter to the sub & cut out the mid.

2) Use a TA-03 style harness adapter.

3) There is a ground on the harness. But, you could use a convenient "earth" ground.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, I ran my RCA cables and remote wire down the middle of the car with the large bundle of wires already there and plan on running the power wire to the amp along the driver's side under the door sill. Is that the way to go or do I need to move the RCA cables to run along the passenger's side under that door sill?

·
15,879 Posts
Is that only when you use the stock amp?
Yes.

RCA's sound fine. Besides... you already ran them. Just keep them towards the driver's side... i.e away from the exhaust/cat. Don't want anything melting.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay.
Bought one off ebay for like $19 with free shipping so I guess I'll have to wait another week or so until I can do this thing.

*sigh* I guess I'll just go do the wiring for the speakers and have it all ready.

Thanks so much for your help 2way. I doubt I would have figured this out by myself at all.

-Christopher

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well,
In waiting for my scoshe harness to get here I've scrapped my plans and am changing them to something more simple. This is probably because the two custom sub boxes that I built are monstrous and weigh like 50 lbs each at least. I've decided to just use the factory amp and do the harness mod but now I'm wondering about a couple of things:

1. There are only 2 RCA connectors for the scoshe harness. If I plug them both in after the resistor mod will I loose bass or does the factory amp still take care of me.
2. (Related in case I change my mind again) For those of you with the custom boxes off ebay that sit upright behind the rear seats; Do they have the correct volume rating inside for the subs, what's the quality like with them, and since they're right behind the seats does that mean you can't install a TRD rear strut brace later?

Thanks,
-Christopher

·
15,879 Posts
1. Shouldn't lose anything. Just make sure your EQ settings are right. W/3 jacks on the HU, you can probably easily add a sub later on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.