NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
How about water?? I am not sure if the usual K&N cleaner is good for that filter.

Anyone?

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
I believe they sell kits to clean them, but it's most likely just a gentle detergent that you add to water.

Just use water or a gentle cleansing agent if it requires it.

Water should do the trick though.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
slidr said:
Kinda off topic, but who's dryflow filter is better in terms of filtration and restriction...AEM or Apexi?
Definitely AEM. It's synthetic material, and filters and flows better than Apexi's cotton gauze. It also doesn't have to deal with the metal mesh on the outside, and instead uses an internal cage to maintain the filter's shape, ensuring the filter element won't collapse inward.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
I do not know yet about AEM dry (even tho this is the filter I've ordered to put on my injen cai :)) but the apexi is known tro be damn good. It filters better and also flows better than the regular K&N style oiled filters! The test was made and the results r available online somewhere .. I cant remeber the site.

I like the tunel in the Apex-i too. It is a good idea. I took the AEM because it is cheaper, easier to install and still a dry filter. AEM do not claim any flow gains compared to their original one. My opinion is that it might flow better because there is no oil. I guess we'll see!! At the least, it will be better for the MAF.

I also wouldnt be worried about using a dry filter like that with a CAI ..

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
danGTS said:
I also wouldnt be worried about using a dry filter like that with a CAI ..
Some people on here have had problems with bogging during and after rain storms. The filter seems to become a sponge when it comes to water.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
slidr said:
Is this true?
They claim the flow quality is equal to their previous gen .. while having a dry filter that keeps its flow performance when dirty ... So it would be better when dirty but equal when clean from my understanding ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts