NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've never done it before so just bare with me. As much as I hate to admit it but I'm a newb who thought he mastered the SEARCH button until now. :)

Back to the topic... I'm trying to destroy the carbon built up in the TB and I'm planning on using sea foam. So am I suppose to slowly poor 1/2 pint into the PCV valve thick hose? Because when I unplug the hose the car instantly dies. :confused: And I know the car needs to run so the liquid would burn and not hydrolock the engine.
Can someone please tell me which hole/hose this stuff is suppose to go into..

Thanks in advance, I certainly appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Hold the Berries

I fed my sea foam thru the valve cover breather hose. This hose is in the front right of the valve cover (the red hose right next to the oil cap in the pic below). I disconnected it from the valve cover side, started the car, and SLOWLY fed whatever the bottle reccomended into the TB... worked great!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well some smoke was coming out of the exhaust so I suppose I did it right. Thanks

Unfortunetly my car is still idling..(code P0301) I tried out new spark plugs but that didn't help. I have also cleaned the IAC & MAFS.

I was hoping someone can show me a picture or explain the proper way to connect all of the hoses that would connect to the stock airbox... such as the vacuum hose... Im guessing I have a vacuum leak.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
Originally posted by ruCelika
Well some smoke was coming out of the exhaust so I suppose I did it right.
Some smoke? It's funny, when I did the treatment I had my girlfriend rev the car for me she kept it around 3-4k for the beginning, then I told her to rev it up to 4-5k, when she did that this HUGE cloud of white smoke erupted from my tailpipe.... and was large enough to fill my backyard! :eek:
Wonder if this is out of the ordinary?

·
Premium Member
9,606 Posts
^^Cool, just wanted to make sure my experience wasn't out of the ordinary. The back of the bottle describes the smoke as "extreme" :chuckles:

...I'll say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts