NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked all over the Internet, E-Bay, etc.

Does anybody know where I can find APC Frosted Clear Corners or Supra Clear Corners? I can't find them anywhere. Thanks for your help.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
I just got the clear supra ones off of ebay recently. Since this is somewhat related, I'm wondering what other lights you people have used with the side markers. I wasn't really satisfied with yellow light coming from them so I'm going to try these LED light replacements found here.

I've heard different pros and cons about LED replacements but I'll give em a shot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,732 Posts
dmunky said:
I just got the clear supra ones off of ebay recently. Since this is somewhat related, I'm wondering what other lights you people have used with the side markers. I wasn't really satisfied with yellow light coming from them so I'm going to try these LED light replacements found here.

I've heard different pros and cons about LED replacements but I'll give em a shot.
I actually like how the stock orange bulbs look when they shine through the clear corners. IMHO it looks better than if you rice it out with another color.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,505 Posts
dmunky said:
I just got the clear supra ones off of ebay recently. Since this is somewhat related, I'm wondering what other lights you people have used with the side markers. I wasn't really satisfied with yellow light coming from them so I'm going to try these LED light replacements found here.

I've heard different pros and cons about LED replacements but I'll give em a shot.
http://www.superlumination.com

Check the same as stock bulbs. The ones I got are hyperwhite chrome plated. So they don't look blue when they're not on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
36 Posts
The guy who shipped the side markers also threw in a set of orange bulbs. They actually look pretty good too. I'm currently using stock with em. I'll let you guys know if the LEDs are any good when they come.
 

·
12+ years daily driver
Joined
·
8,599 Posts
i have had many colors in my sidemarkers over the years. Started with orange OEM, swapped to blue LED (got pulled a lot for having them), then swapped to white LED. When my car wouldn't pass state inspection for having the white light up front in sidemarkers, i just left the orange in that they had at the shop there. I havent changed them since because i think it looks much better than clear and white.


hopefully you wont have to go through so much bs when you put yours in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,732 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
i have had many colors in my sidemarkers over the years. Started with orange OEM, swapped to blue LED (got pulled a lot for having them), then swapped to white LED. When my car wouldn't pass state inspection for having the white light up front in sidemarkers, i just left the orange in that they had at the shop there. I havent changed them since because i think it looks much better than clear and white.


hopefully you wont have to go through so much bs when you put yours in.
I imagined that happening to me if I changed the stock color ... that's why I left it as is. Looks much better anyway. In my area, white/blue sidemarker lights are always ALWAYS seen on Civics, Accords, and other commonly riced-out cars, and I don't want that image stuck on mine.
 

·
12+ years daily driver
Joined
·
8,599 Posts
LightningRod said:
I imagined that happening to me if I changed the stock color ... that's why I left it as is. Looks much better anyway. In my area, white/blue sidemarker lights are always ALWAYS seen on Civics, Accords, and other commonly riced-out cars, and I don't want that image stuck on mine.
Yeah at first I had all white bulbs whereever I could replace one (fog lamps, rear turn signals, front turn signals, sidemarker lights), then one day I realized how ricey it was looking and went with yellow PIAA fogs, and swapped to red LED rear turn signals, and stock front turn signals, and of course JDM sidemarkers with amber bulbs.

at least i sold off all the white bulbs to one of my TKE brothers so i didn't have even more stuff leftover.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,732 Posts
vegeta4ss said:
LightningRod said:
I imagined that happening to me if I changed the stock color ... that's why I left it as is. Looks much better anyway. In my area, white/blue sidemarker lights are always ALWAYS seen on Civics, Accords, and other commonly riced-out cars, and I don't want that image stuck on mine.
Yeah at first I had all white bulbs whereever I could replace one (fog lamps, rear turn signals, front turn signals, sidemarker lights), then one day I realized how ricey it was looking and went with yellow PIAA fogs, and swapped to red LED rear turn signals, and stock front turn signals, and of course JDM sidemarkers with amber bulbs.

at least i sold off all the white bulbs to one of my TKE brothers so i didn't have even more stuff leftover.
Sweet. Glad to hear that you've de-riced ... :thumbup:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,002 Posts
All this Rice talking is making me hungry! :laugh:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top