NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so i was pullin out of the car wash the other night with my celica and a green vw golf turboed pulled up behind me revving his engine. So we both make lefts and floor it out the road. He pulls out in the left lane to past me. haha so he thought. so i dropped to 3rd and flew past him. We were going around a turn when i got a bad feeling in stomach and let him fly by me. As hard as it was i let him win. ha. but he thought we were still racing so he is still goin probably around 100 mph still and me about 65 when a cop pulls out in front of me and chases him down the road. about 2 miles down the road he is sitting there with the cop pullin him over. hahaha. i rev my engine a tad bit as i drive by and honk my horn :) he replies with throwin me the bird hahahaha great feeling. im so glad i got that feeling in my stomach to stop or i might have been sittin in the back of a squad car for a long ride to the baracks ha. just thought i would share my close call with everyone. :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
the same thing happened with a WRX at a light. he was revving hard and for some reason i didn't want to go. so he takes off fast and i just take off cruseing, and next thing i see is a new dodge charger Police car swoops up behind him and pulls him over.. my brother was like how did you know not to race him? I said i didn't i just had a feeling.. so yea trust te' old ' gut....

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have a similar story. I was sitting behind an S10 and a Civic(both of them looked to be stock.) that were revving at each other. It was obvious that they were going to race, I was in the lane behind the Civic. I didn't think it was a big deal, I even though about passing the S10 that would inevitably lose and fly past the Civic but I decided againist it. I'm not really much into racing.

Right before the light turned green I got a hit on my Whistler XTR-695 radar detector and watched the snail race begin. I just accelerate normally to about 60 mph. Even though I wasn't trying I had to let off of the gas a little bit because it looked like if I kept going I might rear end the Civic. They finally get up to where they are speeding by a significant margin as they are going over the hill in the distance, as soon as I cross over the hill, this is what I see. A police car that had pulled over the S10 and a police corvette quickly closing in on the Civic.

Not long after I see the Civic pulled over as well by the Corvette. Sucks to be them.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,305 Posts
I get the same thing from time to time, except it comes from the front of my head, not my gut :D

·
Registered
490 Posts
Haha funny how that works. I've had it a couple of times where I'm speeding and the little hairs on the back of my neck go up so I slow down and around the corner or over the hill there's a cop with his radar gun tagging cars. Driver's intuition I guess.

Hey Dash, that Whistler XTR-695 radar detector, where do I get something like that? And is it expensive/hard to install? Sorry to thread jack.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.