NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that ClubMR2 makes some machined parts that also fit Celicas.

You can check out the shift knobs they have below. They are threaded to fit the Celica shifter as a direct replacement.

http://www.twosrus.com/new/Lower_Frames/Products/Fabricated/billet.htm

David from Club MR2 said there are alot of overlap parts between the MR2 and 7th Gen, so if there's interest he'd be willing to offer more parts to us. If you'd like something, email him at [email protected].

·
Registered
755 Posts
Momo or Sparco > these

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Lormax said:
Momo or Sparco > these
Although I don't particularly care for these (MR-2) shift knobs, why people pay 85$ + for a shift knob like Momo and Sparco knobs is beyond me... just seems like a waste of money. Paying for a name is stupid. Paying for quality is smart.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Originally posted by mvZx2
the stock one isn't weighted...
:werd:

That helps give you a bit more leverage on a short shifter, reducing how stiff they can feel. The stock Matrix (and probably Vibe) shift knobs are weighted, though, and they look nice. ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm actually replacing my Momo Combat with this MR2 one. Big thing for me though is the direct thread screw on. The Momo (and Sparco) ones are universal fit, which means the feel from the shifter to the knob isn't as solid.

Also, as christmas ornament-y as it is, I personally prefer it to the stock leather one (though there's nothing wrong with it...) Everyone has their opinions...

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
As far as "universal fit" goes, I have always just found a wooded rod, wedged it in the knob, and drilled a slightly smaller hole than the stock threads... voila! Nice solid feel and shifting on a Universal fit knob.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i kinda like the naked billet one, oh and you guys with the matrix knobs, dont they look really dumb with a stock shifter? they are really tall!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts