NewCelica.org Forum banner

Clubrsx member killed in street race

1K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  XFactor95SupraT 
#1 ·
My friend bert died this morning after getting in a horrible crash last night. Please be careful on the streets, take it to the track.
If you can spare anything, please help his family in anyway you can. There is a paypal accont in the thread somewhere. Dont forget to pray for his friends and family. This has been hard on all of us:(
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69260

#9 ·
My prayers go out to his friends and family. Words can not express the way that has to feel...Remember the good times with him and stay strong guys. Rest in Peace Man...

this thing almost had me crying...

been through a lot of close deaths lately and I saw this...

He will be remembered!

#10 ·
It's very sad something like this had to happen. May he rest in peace. Condolences extended to the family, friends, and fellow RSX members who knew him.

This is why I said before to take it to the track as it's not worth it out on the road. I just came back from visiting my gf's and came across fresh wreckage and heard someone speeding/not paying attention slam into it. I also came across another wreck...a double fatality.

BE SAFE...

#13 ·
Sad indeed...prayers go out to his family and friends.

When I think back on some the things I did when I first started to drive...consequences like that seem so far away when you're young, and having a blast with a shiney new car around you. Life is GOOD and disasters are horrible things that happen only to others. Unfortunately, that latter part often seeks out those who least expect it.

R.I.P. young man.

#16 ·
This guy said a mouthful in the RSX site:

"my prayers go out to him

and so will a Darwin's Natural Selection Award.

Street racing is just stupid. 6 soon to be 7 people dead already yet you guys STILL are street racing. i will not only pray for MuGen PoWeR, i will also pray for your frends to get some common since."

#18 ·
this is thundergreyteg from clubrsx.......just make sure u dont street race guys, i lost my best friend from it, dont wait for it to happen to you or someone you know.

#22 ·
this was posted at clubrsx and by request of his dad, wanted it to be pasted on our forums..

Hi, just to introduce myself, I am Bert's Dad.( Mugan Power)

I would first like to say thank you everyone's sincere prayers, thoughts and support.

I would like to clear something up since rumor's have apparantly has got out of control.

First of all, Bert's was not street racing, I know it sounds like a glorious way to go, but it is not. I say this not from what I would like to believe but from a witness who observe the whole accident and even helped to pull Bert out of the wreck. He has stated that Bert's car was northbound in the right lane of a 4 way highway to our house. One that Bert has drove home numerous of times. He observed that his car had suddenly pulled to the left and was immediatley out of control. There was not one car in front or behind him. It was a solo accident with no cars in the vicinity. He found it strange on how the car became out of control. I know that he may have been exceeding the 55 mph speed limit, but cannot explain why the sudden pull to the left and then the wheels locking up into a sideways slide back to the right and into a pole. I am not sure but am suspect maybe a maybe a mechanical problem, as the front left wheel roter was broke in half and sticking out. the pole hit the drivers door, not the wheel. the tow truck driver said he never seen a rotor broken in that way. So we will try and check to see what had happen. btw, the witness was a Naval Police Officer. I am just trying to find out what happen.

We miss Bert like no one could understand unless you have loss a son of your own. Again Thanks for the nice comments.

BTW, I do not condone street racing. It is dangerous to everyone. But to the one's who are glad for the death, I say you are some sad individuals. You should know what you are talking about before throwing words around so recklessly. But I guess words don't kill, they just hurt for a long time.

I don't feel that Bert at 17, deserved to die even if he slammed on the brakes, Isn't that what ABS is for?

Again Thanks for the thoughts and prayers,

Bert, Sr.

#23 ·
DALE!

#24 ·
I'd pray if that actually accomplished anything.

Condolences to the family and friends of the victim. If that's a mechanical failure which caused the accident then I'm REALLY sorry he was betrayed by a car he obviously loved. Just numbs the mind when stuff like this happens.

#25 ·
lol, Da Kine Guy, blur your license plate more...I can still read it :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.