NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've read horror stories on this thread, probably from mis-aligned clutches. i understand everything but the alignment of the clutch using a "dial indicator with roller instrument"

repair manual says

2. check diaphragm spring tip alignment

Using a dial indicator with roller instrument, check the diaphragm spring tip alignment

Maximum non-alignment: 0.5 mm (0.020)
If alignment is not as specified, using SST, adjust the diaphragm spring tip alignment
SST 09333-00013

this is all i need fellas, and ima start pullin out the tranny. installing clutch and sending my tranny to kaaz for the lsd install.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
thats all information if you reuse the same clutch...as for alignment, the tool is pretty useless IMO. when you install the new clutch, just make sloe passes around the pressure place and keep the disk centered. once things start to tighten up, then you can torque down the PP

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Yeah if you don't have an alignment tool, just stick your fingers in the clutch hub and keep it centered that way while you tighten up the pressure plate bolts.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you smaay and jesse! i have the tool, and the tightening pattern. thanks alot! this makes me wanna jump in the garage right now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts