NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was driving to school and then the clutch pedal started acting stupid. It would go down and then only come half way up and I can get it all the way up if I pull the pedal up with my foot. So I got into the parking garage and did a quick visual inspection. I wiggled the pedal with my hand and noticed that the whole assembly is moving.

The pedal assembly is loose somewhere and was wondering if the brake booster has to come off in order to get to the pedal assembly bolts. Also is there anything special about the bolts besides probably being a stupid metric size?

HELP!!!!! I cant afford to replace parts that I could potentially break.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
I had only the pedal in mind when I wrote that. The booster studs go through the 4 holes. You remove the 4 nuts and leave the booster hanging through the firewall while you remove the bolt that attaches the bracket to the frame tube under the dash. Then you pull the bracket out. The booster is not going anywhere.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it off. It was only 2 nuts and the clevis pin. IDK how big people get under there. I am a small Asian person and it was a pain to get my small hands where they needed to go.

·
Daddy Daycare
20,264 Posts
This was all over the place. :chuckles: The 4 nuts where of course for the brake pedal and the booster. It was late when I replied and unfortunately I was half asleep. It's not too bad to reach under the dash, the problem is the angles in which you need to work. The best way is seat all the way back and steering wheel all the way up and your back on the floor.

·
Registered
269 Posts
6'0", 240 lbs. When I adjusted my clutch pedal after the swap it got to a nice "close enough" and never thought of again, small car problems.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Despite the fact that the pedal seems to be broken, that symptom you describe could be caused by a slave that is bad too. It would be best to check all the clutch components.
Dentman

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
Bad pedal bushings or a busted bracket will let it cock and jam, I've ran into that on other cars before and can be easy to miss. It does sound like a hydraulic issue but if the bracket is broken fix that first.

·
fuck the police
252 Posts
dont go chasing your slave and master if your bracket is broken. guy i buy my weed from just had this problem on his 4runner. he rplaced the slave and the master only to find out his bracket was bent.

·
Registered
8,250 Posts
It probably was, you'll need to learn how to drive again now since it's going to feel like having a new clutch. Maybe you'll be able to hit 1-2 lift now!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts