NewCelica.org Forum banner

Clutch Problems

564 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  blackdemon_tt 
#1 ·
This is for a GTS, 6speed. Not to long ago I came to a stop put the car in neutral and stepped on the clutch to put it in first gear but it would not go into gear. I imidiatly new something was wrong with the clutch hydraulics (or so I thought). Keep in mind the engine was still running, at a stop it simply would not go into any gear unless the engine was off then it would shift freely. So I picked up a clutch master and slave cylinder thinking that is all that could be wrong but (I should have checked this first) when I had my budy step on the clutch the slave cylinder depressed as it should. So the hydrolics are working? The break fluid is right near max. I also know the clutch itself is good because I put it in gear when it was off then quickly turned the car over and it lurched and pulled the car. Needless to say the clutch was grabbing perfectly fine! So I know the clutch disk is fine, the hydrolics (at the slave cylinder) seems to press all the way and thus are fine so something must be wrong in the transmission between the slave and the actual clutch disk? What could be wrong? For note the slave looked to depress about around 1.5-2inches when I was watching it while he stepped on the clutch. I have not had any fluid leaking anywhere either. I want to have a good idea of what could be wrong before I go taking the trany off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.