NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well basically my clutch burnt out at at stoplight and i had to push my baby to my apt parking lot.

But i was wondering if anyone knows anyone near pomona/la/san grabriel valley on where i can get my clutch replaced ive gotten estimates for around 600-700 but im looking some something around the 400-500 range, anyone know anyone that would hook it up if i mentioned your named or something??? thanks

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Is your car completely not drivable right now?

Smaay (Jeff) did the clutch install for me for around that price range with the cost of parts excluded.

·
you dun goofed
2,164 Posts
Definitely not a clutch problem man. The car will still be able to start to the best of my knowledge... the clutch doesn't have to be pressed down for you to be able to start, but the clutch switch needs to be depressed... meaning if you can push the clutch down all the way to the floor then you can start the car... it must be something else... have you checked your battery? Does the car sound like its trying to crank, but can't catch? More details...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o0o0o it does sound like that i must be tripping, it does sound like it's not turning over, i was thinking it was the clutch this whole time because the clutch hasnt been replaced on the car yet and its at like 110k miles but maybe it is the battery.

Well no matter ill tell you guys everything in details.

what i know for the most part is that when my car is idling after being completely warmed up is around 500-700 rpms, ive noticed that sometimes, i can feel the clutch "slip" a little for a split second but then it comes right back up. (possible throttle cable???)

What happened last night, i was driving from my hometown in Oceanside to Pomona (where i attend college) and When i came up to the last stoplight before my turn and my car just died/stalled out, the rpms just slipped below zero and i couldn't restart the car.

Lastly, another thing that i noticed was that some times when im trying to accelerate slightly faster than normal, my rpm needle would go up but my car would accelerate at a much slower pace ( the feeling was like trying to accelerate with the clutch depressed) and after i smell this burning from the car so idk

any adivce??

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Pushing the clutch down to start the car is normal. That's what you're supposed to do.

Sounds like your clutch is beginning to slip.

But you have some other problem regarding the inability to start the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.