NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i got a 2000 toyota celica gts wit 25k miles on it and better believe it..the clutch is already gone i cant believe it myself..i guess the person b4 me beat the **** out of it before he traded it in...now the question is...is this under the warranty..cause i called 2 toyota dealers and they said absolutley not and then i called my local dealership and they said YES it is as long as its under the 3ys or 36k miles...so i got an appointment on monday i just dont want them to suprise me wit the clutch bill...anyone kno anything about this..???

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Since it is a used car purchashed from a dealer, the clutch is probably still under some kind of warranty which is in addition to the B to B and power train waranty still remaining.
Most (if not all) states have strict used car waranty requirements when a car is sold by a dealer unless the car is sold and clearly marked "as is" with no waranty. The laws vary from state to state.

This is why you get less when you trade it in as oppose to selling a car privately. The dealer has to warant it for the next buyer.

Of course, if you bought it privately, you might be buying yourself a new clutch.

·
Registered
428 Posts
threat a lemon and they will fix it. i threatined with a possible lemon case when my clutch blew on my DSM and what do you know it they got me a new clutch AND fixed my breaks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
well, based on my current experience with on-going clutch/transmission problems the clutch is only covered if within the 3 years/36,000 miles b2b warranty. even if the car is used but "certified" toyo states it still isn't but there still may be hope. if there's enough information on your part (e.g. documented problems and diagnoses, complaints to dealership and various agencies like the bureau of automotive repair) you may take advantage of the "lemon law". this law varies from state to state so pursue it to it's limit. i'm suing my dealership and i believe anyone with this type of situation should do the same. if more individuals follow through and win then toyo would have to make changes to their warranty policies.

·
Registered
289 Posts
the clutch disk is not covered under toyota warranty. mine blew out at 22000 miles, i think my daughter was downshifting it because it blew out on the transmission side

·
Registered
374 Posts
well, toyota sent out their field investigator and stated they would replace my worn out clutch. yes, it wasn't covered under warranty but he agreed a clutch should have at least 70% life in it upon selling a "certified" car. he also stated the original dealer should have corrected the problem in the beginning. well, to avoid any legal issues they decided to accommodate me. i requested to pay the difference for trd japan and he said he would work it out with the local dealer we were at. so, it helps to stand up for yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.