NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I started noticing my car has been reeking of gasoline more than ever especially in the engine bay area which scares me. Today I got a check engine light. I have a 2000 celica gts with 96,649 miles. Does this problem lead to the evap?? Can you guys let me know what the problem is and how to get rid of the light?

·
Chris
2000 Celica GTS, 1998 4Runner, 2008 Infiniti FX35
184 Posts
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=286263

In addition, check your fuel injectors and fuel rail..... If the smell of gas is really strong, it could be physically leaking at the fuel rail and injector connection point! I just went through this with mine, number 1 fuel injector O ring failed. 5 dollar fix. This would not cause a code though, but you should check to be on the safe side. Autozone stocks these O rings BTW!

Remove the black foam holding the engine electrical harness to see if the fuel is leaking.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked all that was mention. Nothing seems out of the ordinary. Also no leak at all. I don't know if this helps but sometimes when I am stopped my car just shakes like if my foot is getting off the clutch and the rpms getting drop real close to zero when that happens obviously. Any ideas?

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,880 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.