NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BC Racing
A fairly new company based out here in FL, they provide good coil-overs and arguable some of the best bang for the buck coil-overs I've seen.
BC Racing is proud to provide coilovers that strike the best balance between performance and cost. We have designed all the most popular and essential features into our coilovers while keeping the end price down for the consumer. Whether you are cruising down the street, enjoying your favorite twisty mountain road or tearing up a race track we have a coilover system for you. You get to choose your springs rates, either keeping the recommended spring rates or selecting from our available stock. We even install the springs for you so you don't have the hassle of doing it in your garage or living room. As an added service if you choose spring rates 4k higher or lower than the recommended setting we will revalve the dampers for you. Here at BC Racing we beleive you shouldn't have to pay a premium price for a quality coilover system.

CELICA ZZT230

BR Type Coil-overs

Our BR model is perfect for street driving and occasional road course duty. With easily accessible adjustment knobs for fine tuning your compression/rebound and separately adjustable ride height, having a performance coilover system couldn’t be any easier. You choose how low or high you want your vehicle, no preset ride height here, and our patented concave lower locking ring keeps it locked in. All of our systems come with pillowball mounts to provide the most feedback possible from your suspension and to sharpen your steering response. BC’s available front and rear camber plates also allow you to get the perfect alignment setup without compromise. All this while providing a strong, attractive looking coilover system.

Mono-tube shock design
30 levels of damping force adjustment, adjust compression/rebound
Front Pillowball mount included and Rear available at additional cost
Separate full length height adjustable
One year warranty
Rebuildable locally in FL
Spring Rate: 5 front - 6 rear
MSRP: $1250

PM me for Best Pricing!!!

RAM Type Coil-overs

BC Racings inverted RAM model includes all of the great BR features and then takes it a notch higher. By using an inverted coilover system we move the vital damper fluid away from the detrimental heat sources to avoid overheating the fluid and causing damper fatigue under extreme conditions. The inverted setup also handles high-g loads better and is much more durable under stress situations, such as a race track. Another advantage is reducing unsprung weight by moving the heavy parts to the chassis mounting points. This is a great coilover for those looking to attack a race track, hill climb or tarmac rally.

Inverted Mono-tube shock design
30 levels of damping force adjustment, adjust compression/rebound
Includes Inverted Shock--Camber Pillowball Front Top Mount
Includes Rear Rubber Top Mount or no Top mount
Separate full length height adjustable
One year warranty
Rebuildable locally in FL
Spring Rate: 5 front - 6 rear
MSRP: $1450

PM me for Best Pricing!!!

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
price of each to 28602

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
So custom valving/spring rates cost how much above the standard price? I know this go for about the same price point as Megan/D2 setups, but D2 charges extra for custom springs, Megan you're on your own to buy springs if you want different rates. Do these have the goofy backwards spring rates with softer front and stiffer rear? Lock rings and threads are steel or aluminum? Pillow ball front mounts and solid rear?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Price of the BR's to 12180? Also, on your site the technical info for the springs is confusing. It states: 200L-6K / 160L-8K, which I assume is length and then spring rate. This would be a 6k / 8k setup which is pretty stiff. Are those specs right or is the 5k / 6k right?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you guys can get the springs at any rates you want, there is a revalving fee if you change too much, over 4 k from original, original are 5 and 6... and yes the rear is stiffer but they don't charge to change the springs so you can make the front stiffer to suit your liking

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
you guys can get the springs at any rates you want, there is a revalving fee if you change too much, over 4 k from original, original are 5 and 6... and yes the rear is stiffer but they don't charge to change the springs so you can make the front stiffer to suit your liking
How much is the revalving fee? These are getting good revues on other forums, but as with any new product I'm interested to see how they hold up in the long run. I'm sure they perform well, but I'm always leary of new companies products when it comes to safety and durability. Hows the warranty? I don't just mean in length, but how well do they stand behind it? A warranty means jack crap if they don't stand behind it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much is the revalving fee? These are getting good revues on other forums, but as with any new product I'm interested to see how they hold up in the long run. I'm sure they perform well, but I'm always leary of new companies products when it comes to safety and durability. Hows the warranty? I don't just mean in length, but how well do they stand behind it? A warranty means jack crap if they don't stand behind it.
I'm asking about exact fees so once I have an answer I'll let you know, but I know within a year of the purchase they will replace your coilovers if you have any issues. They won't fix them and send them back but they'll give you a new set.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I'll bite, BR shipped to 46260? How do these compare to other coils as far as going low? Tien? D2? If you need a test subject I just moved to Indy and the roads here are horrendous, I'm sure they would get a work out.

·
Registered
8,277 Posts
I'm asking about exact fees so once I have an answer I'll let you know, but I know within a year of the purchase they will replace your coilovers if you have any issues. They won't fix them and send them back but they'll give you a new set.
after warranty shock cartridge is $95 and replacement springs are $100 a pair
Sounds pretty reasonable. I've read more than one account of problems with Megan coil overs lock rings/adjusters seizing to the threads because they're both aluminum and the constant loading/shocking from road irregularities (aka potholes) mushes the two aluminum parts together into almost one. Now I've not heard every person who has them have this problem so I don't know if its a design/materials problem or if the installer did something wrong. The lock rings are Aluminum or steel? Threaded tube is aluminum I assume, yes?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds pretty reasonable. I've read more than one account of problems with Megan coil overs lock rings/adjusters seizing to the threads because they're both aluminum and the constant loading/shocking from road irregularities (aka potholes) mushes the two aluminum parts together into almost one. Now I've not heard every person who has them have this problem so I don't know if its a design/materials problem or if the installer did something wrong. The lock rings are Aluminum or steel? Threaded tube is aluminum I assume, yes?
I don't have all the material properties but I'll ask and let you know

1 - 20 of 122 Posts