NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coilover are like pretty much like drop springs but they are adjustable, right? I'm thinking of getting coilovers because i want to angle my car a little. The rear is a little higher than the front to make it look more aggressive. I'm looking into getting one of the tanabe coilovers. My question is, for those who have coilovers, did you guys get new shocks or just stayed with stock? any suggestions. thanks.

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
i don't think Tanabe makes the coilovers you're thinking about. they have lowering springs, though. The "coilovers" you're thinking about are sleeve-type coilovers which are height adjustable. Tanabe makes "real" coilovers that are a full strut asembly; shocks and springs.
If you go with the sleeve type coilovers, I suggest getting a new set of shocks that can handle the lowered height. Of course, you can stay on the cheap side and use your stock shocks and pray that a pot-hole won't ruin your car's suspension.
Here's a pic of Tanabe's 'real', 'full', 'true' (whatever you wanna call it) coilovers:

Here's a sleeved coilover:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i don't think Tanabe makes the coilovers you're thinking about. they have lowering springs, though. The "coilovers" you're thinking about are sleeve-type coilovers which are height adjustable. Tanabe makes "real" coilovers that are a full strut asembly; shocks and springs.
If you go with the sleeve type coilovers, I suggest getting a new set of shocks that can handle the lowered height. Of course, you can stay on the cheap side and use your stock shocks and pray that a pot-hole won't ruin your car's suspension.
Here's a pic of Tanabe's 'real', 'full', 'true' (whatever you wanna call it) coilovers:

Here's a sleeved coilover:
So if I was to go the cheapest route to drop a car then I’d get struts with sleeves?

·
Registered
14 Posts
So if I was to go the cheapest route to drop a car then I’d get struts with sleeves?
at this point, you wouldn't want to cheap out. Parts are hard to find now. you should spend a good amount of money. if not, just keep it stock. again CELICA parts are hard to find now. but if u wanna go cheap and don't care... RACELAND... LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
at this point, you wouldn't want to cheap out. Parts are hard to find now. you should spend a good amount of money. if not, just keep it stock. again CELICA parts are hard to find now. but if u wanna go cheap and don't care... RACELAND... LOL
Point me in the direction of cheap reliable Coilovers. And thanks for the feed back. Every little bit of knowledge helps me 👍🏼

·
Registered
14 Posts
depending on budget... cheapest I ever went was Raceland. Though I never hard driven or track my car(car basically sat). They blew in about two years. Tein coilovers are The best “cheapest” coilovers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts