NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my exhaust piping running thu the axle and after now that my coilover springs have settled every normal size bump in the road i hear the piping getting hit by the top part of the to metal pieces that the piping is thu.....anyoneelse have this problem and if that, does anyone know of something i can besides riseing up the car....thx
-Sean

·
Registered
422 Posts
whoa now that i think about it i think i have the same problem too. i have ground controls and after about a month after the install, whenever i would hit a bump something on rear passenger side would bump something but i know its not the tires. it only happens if i have alotta stuff in the trunk or if i have a passenger in the rear.

are your springs lowered all the way? mine can go about a finger lower. i guess i just need to raise mine.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I have Skunk2's as you know and the same exhaust setup. No bumping for me excpet on very extreme circumstances. I've checked the pipe and it has maybe 2-3 scractches from hitting.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya mine are all the way down, but its really not that low with it all the way down....ill take a pic and post it in a few mins...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya dan maybe one day i'd like to take a look at yours.......maybe something is fukked up on mine.....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gotta be another way, exrida has the "Same" setup as me , in everyway and he has no problems really....imma put a god damn curse on your car dan..... HAHAHAHAH

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I'm just a factory freak in every way possible. From dyno to 1/4 mile. I have yet to find a GT-S that can take me. R and Tim have been the closest.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
KSilver2000 said:
This is why I stay away from custom and go with a name brand like TRD.
If you go look at my dyno #'s you'll see why I stay away from name brands like TRD.

·
Registered
422 Posts
CUSTOM CUSTOM!

what size piping do u have?? i have 2.5" piping. the drop doesnt look like much at all on your car. but i have 18s with 40series tires and the fender is one finger above the tire. i think that comes to about a 2.75-3" drop in the rear. in a couple weeks when im workin on my car at the body shop ill check the piping and see if its banged up from hitting.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
He has 2.5" piping, no resonator, and a dynomax ultra flo.

I have 2.5" piping, no resonator, and an apex'i n1 turbo muffler.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts