NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy coilovers, but im not sure how to go about it. Are coilovers all i need to lower my car, or is there anything else you have to buy?

Are these ok coilovers?

Coilovers

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Id stay away from off brands. They usually have a lousy spring rate, makes the car super bouncy. I reccommed GC's or Skunks if u want to go with that style. Install is just like springs, except you have to remove some of the brass caps for the install.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found some coilovers on nopi. They say something that it may require replacemt shock insert. They are the ractive ones at the bottom. What do you guys think and what does that mean?
Coilovers

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
stay away from those coilovers as RedNOSceli mentioned above...if you add up everything you will almost end up paying the same amount as tein coilovers....:)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Silver, you keep on constantly mentioning some cheap, no name coilovers and people say don't get them. Get a clue, you get what you pay for. If you want those sleeves, then spend $300 and get Ground Control or Skunk2, Skun2 would be my choice since they have a better spring rate.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought Ractive was a pretty good brand, i was just checking with you guys what you thought. I think i will go with skunk then. Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts