NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys recently I purchased a cheap ass Ebay coilover kit (NO struts included) not even a name brand because I can't afford the a good whole system and never will. Now, is it safe to put these on???? Or should I just scratch the idea and buy Lowering springs??? Either way these are going on my stock shocks so, Coilovers or Lowering springs? Any response would be appreciated. I'm in the dark on this subject because i keep hearing different sides.......

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
Get a good set of lowing springs and a quality shock, don't lower your car on stock shocks, you'll pay for it in the end.

Ask me how I know.

·
O_o
7,222 Posts
I put hotchkis springs on my stock struts and hated the ride, took me a year before I bought a set of KYB AGX's and put them on, I ended up doing twice the work and had a crappy ride for a year.

Do yourself the favor and wait till you have springs and shocks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
sleeve type coilovers or springs are fine on stock shocks, my only concern would be the ride quality and performance of these ebay coilovers, they use some generic ass springs with those kits:thumbdown

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
wut do u mean u can't afford them... o.0
assuming the car in the sig is yours...
got urself some cf hood and some big rims there + tires... just those 3, assuming u got 17" and all of them new, would already run you around at least 1500 already and you did afford them.

but anyways
should stay away from eBay non brand and used stuffs
in case you have some problems, you'll need manufacture warranty. Get those cheap AND nonbrand ones and you're asking for trouble.

·
DOИ'T bE BEETCH!
3,251 Posts
coilovers are for race track and flawless roads, get some nice shocks and springs

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ive been riding on eibach sportlines with stock shocks for almost 5 years, and the car rides fine, but iwould say go with some coilovers and if possible upgrade the shocks, you dont want to be cheap with the suspension.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I have coils on with stock shocks in the front and love the ride. I like it better than stock. I have never had lowering springs,so no opinion on that part. My rear has kyb gr2's because I got them for a really good price if not I'd have stock rears. For now I've had no problems and my shocks aren't blown. I went with coils because I wasn't sure I would like the drop with springs since I can't adjust them. I was gonna go with tein s-techs. I have no clue how good ebay coils are, but if you bought them just go for it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya i did afford that when I had Insurance money after my Accord was totalled. But anyhow, I bought Skunk2 lowering springs and its dropped 2 1/2 and so far so good

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Ya i did afford that when I had Insurance money after my Accord was totalled. But anyhow, I bought Skunk2 lowering springs and its dropped 2 1/2 and so far so good
Now save up your money for shocks/struts. You will need aftermarket struts soon because that drop will kill your stock struts. I know because I ran skunk2 springs with stock shocks/struts and it toasted them. Now I have KYB shocks/struts and it is a much better ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.