NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2002 Celica GTS that I'm planning on getting Coilovers for in the next couple months. But next year I plan on swapping in a 2jz-T into my car and I was talking to my friend, he said that coils are designed for specific weights of the engines in cars. (Atleast on VW's?) So what I'm wondering is if I should get Coilovers rated for my GTS and just increase the difference when I swap in the new engine or will I have to buy a whole other set of coils?

--Thanks!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
If you are going to swap a 2j into your Celica don't even bother with Celica coils. Swapping in a 2j means a new rear end and a tubed front end which means you will have to fab the coils new mounting points so it doesn't really matter what you put in there.

·
Poopin' on Scrubz
3,742 Posts
If you are going to swap a 2j into your Celica don't even bother with Celica coils. Swapping in a 2j means a new rear end and a tubed front end which means you will have to fab the coils new mounting points so it doesn't really matter what you put in there.
This.

You can do anything you want. And you'll be cutting up the whole front end as well, so you might as well do a whole different suspension in the front as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope you do know 2JZ's doesn't fit into our cars without a lot of fabrication.
To be completely honest, didn't know that. I'm trying to further my knowledge and such with Toyota engines and it's modifications. I've heard and been told to put in a 2jz. I'm making this my second track/drift car and wanted more power than the stock 2zz engine, but knew there would be a lot of work for the RWD conversion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This.

You can do anything you want. And you'll be cutting up the whole front end as well, so you might as well do a whole different suspension in the front as well.
So the coils I'll be putting in until next year won't matter with the new engine and should just sell/put them on a different car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts