NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello community,

I am looking for the colour code of the rims because I want to powder coat my rims.
Sorry for the bad translation. I hope you know what I mean. Powder coating is something similar like paint and is better for rims.
Since it is not possible to obtain the TRD T3 rims (especially in germany...) so I want to make my current rims in this bronze color.
Here are some examples:

bye

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Join the club!!!!!!!! :D its proprietary from RAYS... For some reason more threads are popping up for RAYS bronze....

They anodize the lip and paint the spokes. The closest color I have seen in powder coat was from a Subaru paint book. Other than that you can always do white :D If you do get them done you will loose the textured spokes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it is from RAYS.
These are my absolute favourite wheels.
I drive a silver Celica GT from 2003....so I think white is not the best colour for it :310:

·
Premium Member
6,093 Posts
Powder coating is better for the over all appearance but may alter the structure of the wheel depending on the material used to make the wheel.

Rays and Volk don't give out their paint codes and i pretty sure the bronze used on the T3's is the same bronze used on TE37's which are pretty common.
I remember reading somewhere that someone cracked the paint codes for all the Volk/Rays wheels.
So try searching for "TE37 bronze paint" and I'm sure you'd get better results.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Powder coating will NOT even come close to damaging a wheel. A wheel's melting point is going to be at least 400C(>700F) usually somewhere closer to 575C(>1000F) and the powder coating process uses an oven that is typically around 300F. That is no where near enough to soften the wheels. It will take at least 600F to even begin softening an aluminium wheel. Unless the guy doing your powder coating has absolutely no idea what he is doing and leaves the wheel in for way to long it wont even reach 300F.

·
Finally Spooling
674 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.